John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ Years in the computer industry

Cannot remember Apple ID or password. How to reset it?

I can't remember my Apple ID or password  and I have tried to get it reset on the internet with no luck. Can you help me?

Category: Computer
Expert:  John T. F. replied 5 years ago.

Which site did you use for attempted ID and password retrieval?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

The site

If you go to you will see an option on the right side of the page labeled "Forgot your Apple ID?". If you click this, it will ask for some rather simple information that you should know as the owner of the account (first name, last name, current email address plus the ability to enter additional email addresses if it has changed since you created the Apple ID).
If you are able to successfully retrieve the ID, you should then be able to retrieve/reset your password using the same site:
If you have successfully reset your password but still cannot log in, you may have another issue. In this case, you will have to contact Apple via their Express Lane customer service feature to ask them to investigate the reason for your disabled account:
Choose the correct category and issue as prompted by the service above and you will eventually reach a web form where Apple promises to respond within 24 hours.