John MBA
John MBA, Engineer
Experience:  Working as a software engineer for more than 4 years

How do I retrieve Archived Facebook messages from my Ipad

Customer Question

How do I retrieve Archived Facebook messages from my Ipad?
Category: Computer
Expert:  John MBA replied 2 years ago.

John MBA :

Hello

John MBA :

I am John and I will try to help you.

John MBA :

To filter your messages to view only archived conversations:

1. Go to your main messages page.
  2. Click
    Full Size Image
    next to the search field at the top right corner.

3. Choose a filter from the dropdown menu. You can choose to look at:

• Unread Messages
    • Archived Messages
    • Sent Messages
    • Email Only
    • Spam

John MBA :

Please don’t forget to click ACCEPT so i can get paid for my work.Leave a POSITIVE feedback if satisfied. A Bonus is highly appreciated.
(You need to click ACCEPT even if you are a SUBSCRIPTION or TRIAL member)

Customer :

My "Messages Page" on my Ipad has the "Question Mark" to search for the message, but the "Question Mark" doesn't have an "arrow down" to allow for a drop down menu. Help?

Customer :

Im sorry...not a question mark, but a "search glass".

John MBA :

Try it from a browser

John MBA :

Are you using friendly app for Facebook ?

John MBA :

If yes try accessing it from safari and check what I have mentioned.

John MBA :

Or try it from a computer.

Customer :

Not sure what "friendly app for Facebook" is. I can't access if from a regular computer. Since I purchased my Ipad, its all i've used. Can't log onto Facebook from a regular computer because I don't have my password.

John MBA :

Oh, Ipad will show the mobile version of your facebook

John MBA :

Some of the features are missing in this.

Customer :

So, it will let me archive from my ipad, but not retrieve from my Ipad?

John MBA :

Hold on. Let me check whether we can reset the password from Ipad.

John MBA :

Give me a minute.

John MBA :

Are you using your Safari browser in iPad to access Facebook ?

Customer :

How would I know that? On my home page on my Ipad is an icon for Facebook. I click on it, and it takes me to Facebook.

John MBA :

Ok then it's app not safari.

Customer :

Find it funny that they'd allow you to "Archive Messages" but not have a way to Retrieve them.

John MBA :

is the app name Just says facebook ?

Customer :

Yes. Facebook. Version is 3.3.3

John MBA :

ok

John MBA :

Is the archive comes in Red color button for you in the app ?

Customer :

Yes

John MBA :

That's the worst choice for facebook. The actual app you need is 'Friendly for Facebook'

John MBA :

Lets try reset the password from you ipad -> Safari

John MBA :

Open -> facebook.com

John MBA :

or do one thing

John MBA :

Click on the account button

Customer :

Ok

John MBA :

Clicked ?

Customer :

Yes

John MBA :

click account settings

John MBA :

Click the " Change " near password

John MBA :

Oh no, you need old password for this.

Customer :

Yep. That's where I get messed up. There has to be a way to retrieve without resetting password everytime.

John MBA :

You are using a wrong app.

John MBA :

We need to change the password and get a new password. So we can open Facebook in a proper app

John MBA :

Try this

John MBA :

1. open safari

John MBA :

2. go to www.facebook.com

Customer :

okay

John MBA :

In the log in page you will see "Forgot password" link

John MBA :

Click on that.

John MBA :

done ?

Customer :

I'm afraid if I do that, It'll erase my current password on the app that I'm using for Facebook. Then I'd REALLY be messed up.

John MBA :

No it won't if you are typing it correctly you will have your password in your hand.

John MBA :

Enter your email Id

Customer :

okay

John MBA :

Then press search. You will be give all of your data with clues. like mobile number, email ids etc.

John MBA :

If you click reset, a mail will got your mail with a reset code

John MBA :

Check your mail and give the code and click submit code

John MBA :

You are done.

John MBA :

Once you have the password, open it in your computer and watch all the archived messages

John MBA :