Nalosin
Nalosin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years in troubleshooting and supporting computers, networks, mobile phones and peripherials.
31004542

I have just receaved my new magic jack plus; I was not satisfied

I have just receaved my new magic jack plus; I was not satisfied with the previous Magic jack that worded only on my computre so I had deleted it.
The computer says it cannot complete the MAGIC JACK PLUS INSTALLATION
My previous password XXXXX was WWGUJE0N and my name isXXXXX
Category: Computer
Expert:  Nalosin replied 2 years ago.
I can try to help on your question.

Did you uninstall the previous version of Magic Jack
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes
Expert:  Nalosin replied 2 years ago.
Ok. First unplug your new magic jack.Then uninstall Magic Jack again if it shows in Add/Remove programs.

Then:
Delete the “mjusbsp” directory from the following location: C:\Documents and Settings\[YourUserProfileName]\Application Data

3) Delete any MagicJack directories from the following location: C:\Documents and Settings\[YourUserProfileName]\Local Settings\Application Data

then insert magic jack and try to install it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi again

I did all that you said and everything worked OK

I registered the phone and my new number is(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

I unplugged the computer jack and pluged it in the phone but it does not work.

The phone says ''Error 1''

Expert:  Nalosin replied 2 years ago.
Is your Magic Jack connected to the router?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

As I said I thought the magic jack box was the router.

I understand that I will have to buy a router and always have a computer nearby.

I don't undersand the difference between the old and the new Magic jacks.

If I still need a computer on.....

I plugged in the magic jack to my computer and it said ''error 32000''

Please give me detailed instructions on how to set up my Magick jack plus.

I am a nerd in computer stuff

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

If I still need a computer on.....

I am a nerd in computer stuff

My setup is this:

I live in a secluded place and don't have a phone or cable Internet. I get internet throught a nearby microwave tower.

I have a router and my computer works off this router as do alle the other computers in the house.

Do I have to connect the phone to this router ???? or to the computer ?? I am all mixted up PLease help me

Expert:  Nalosin replied 2 years ago.
Ok. Main difference between Magic Jack and Magic Jack plus is that
old Magic Jack has only USB port and needs to be connected to your computer. That means that your computer need to be turned on for Magic Jack to work.
If you shut down the computer your Magic Jack will now work.

Now, new Magic Jack Plus has ability to connect directly to the router via Ethernet port,and can work without a presence of a computer

Also you can connect it directly to the modem, but modem only has one Ethernet port and you can connect only one device to the modem directly.

If you want to connect more devices, you will need to buy a router.

The direct connection to the router instead of computer USB is the main advantage of Magic Jack Plus. But you will still need to have an internet connection for it to work.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok I ama tryinf to use it in its simplest fashion

The phone is on and the Magic jack is plugged into the computer

The phone line does not work ?????

Expert:  Nalosin replied 2 years ago.
Do you have an internet connection on your computer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I do
Expert:  Nalosin replied 2 years ago.
Can you try to restart your computer.

Also please bookmark (add to favorites) this page to be able to return to it..
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi again

We are getting there

When I plug the magic jack into the USB port and the computer is on I have a phoneline and can make calls.

How can I have a phone line and make calls with the computer off ?

Expert:  Nalosin replied 2 years ago.
You will then need to connect magic jack directly to the router with a LAN cable.
That way you dont need computer for magic jack to work
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK

I now have the magic jack connected to the phone and to the router but I don't get a phone line.

Do I also have to connect the power adapter into a power outlet ?

Expert:  Nalosin replied 2 years ago.
Yes. If it's connected to USB, it gets the power from computer. If you connect it to router directly, you will need to connect the power adapter
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi

I have done everything as you said and itb is now plugged into an outlet;

but still no phone line !!!

The router has 4 outlets the magic jack is plugged into the 1 st one

Expert:  Nalosin replied 2 years ago.
Can you turn off from power your router and then wait 30 seconds. Then turn it on again. It will restart and probably your magic jack will work after that.
Nalosin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: 8+ years in troubleshooting and supporting computers, networks, mobile phones and peripherials.