Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 8 7 Vista XP etc.

how do i get rid of blue screen virus

Customer Question

how do i get rid of blue screen virus
Category: Computer
Expert:  namstech replied 2 years ago.

NA-eTech :

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

NA-eTech :

What message do you get on that screen? Can you give me some part of it?

Customer :

screen is too fast to get what all is said, however it does say blue screen death ??? I can not go to safe mode with networking only can go to safe mode

Customer :

where are you

NA-eTech :

Hi again :

Customer :

can I get some help

NA-eTech :

If it is a blue screen of death, then it might not be a virus.

NA-eTech :

First thing to check is the hard-disk

NA-eTech :

Let us scan as follows

NA-eTech :

Get to safe mode with command prompt and run checkdisk as follows

NA-eTech :

chkdsk /r /f

NA-eTech :

Let chkdsk to finish, then restart your computer and check.

Customer :

I can not get in the safe mode with command prompt only the safe mode

NA-eTech :

Ok. In safe mode, type cmd in start->Search and right click on the cmd result and select 'Run As Administrator'

NA-eTech :

Once you get the command prompt, type

NA-eTech :

chkdsk /f /r

NA-eTech :

and press Enter.

NA-eTech :

You will told that scandisk cannot run right now and if you would like to do it on next restart.

Customer :

this blue screen virus is a virus this will not do anything

NA-eTech :

press 'y'

NA-eTech :

If we are talking about BSOD where you get a blue screen with some message like "An error has occured at 0x0000xxx etc. and windows has been shut down to contain damage to your computer, then virus might not be the only reason.

NA-eTech :

However, you can scan your computer with an antimalware as well.

Customer :

this is correct

NA-eTech :

So it can be problem with hard-drive or memory (RAM)

NA-eTech :

If you suspect a virus, you can scan your computer with the following antimalware

Customer :

I have scaned the computer with about 6 different pc cleaners and pc health programs even blue screen removal program

Customer :

this will not help

NA-eTech :

The above one is a good one and will help if this is not a hardware issue.

NA-eTech :

But I suspect his might well be a hardware issue and not corrected by an antivirus

NA-eTech :

So first thing is to get your hard-disk scanned, then RAM checked.

Customer :

i can not go to the above page as my internet explorer stops working

NA-eTech :

I would suggest that you first perform a hard-disk scan by getting into safe mode as per above instructions.

Customer :

i will try this software now please wait a few minutes for me to get this going as I have to go to the other computer

Customer :

as i said i have downloaded and run 6 of these pc clean register stuff and to no avail

NA-eTech :

That is why getting your hard-disk checked for errors using chkdsk is very important

NA-eTech :

This might not be a virus issue at all. But in case it is, the software I mentioned above is personally my best choice :-)

Customer :

I can not remove anything as i can not go online with this computer and I am not going to pay for another program i have purchased 3 already and nothing works if you can oly suggest that i purchase programs you are not a computer expert just a joke

NA-eTech :

You don't need to purchase it. Just use its trial version.

Customer :

all it will remove is 15 problems what good is that i have 797 problems now what

NA-eTech :

Do you mean you ran the program and got this message?

Customer :

yes

NA-eTech :

Do you see Malwarebytes written on top of the program?

Customer :

now it says regclean pro

NA-eTech :

Oh...

NA-eTech :

It seems you have a re-direct virus.

NA-eTech :

So the solution will be do get malwarebytes downloaded on another computer, bring the program to this one through a USB or other media and install it.

NA-eTech :

The virus is not allowing you to download the actual antimalware

Customer :

what do you think i am doing.... i have to download on this computer and use a flash drive to load it on the other computer I and not stupid

NA-eTech :

The installation file for Malwarebytes is named something like mbam-setup.exe

Customer :

pok hole on i will try to find it i cannot link onto the file as above

NA-eTech :

The filename will be mbam-setup-1.51.2.1300.exe to be exact.

Customer :

i can not go to this page and download as the explorer stops working

NA-eTech :

This is happening on a different computer?

NA-eTech :

Try resetting internet explorer as follows and try again:

NA-eTech :

1. Open Internet Explorer.

2. Press ALT+T keys to open Tools menu. Alternatively, you can select Tools menu from the top menu bar in Internet Explorer.

3. In Tools menu that opens, select Internet Options.

4. Click Advanced tab.

5. Click Reset... button and follow prompts to complete the reset.

6. Restart Internet Explorer. Please note that some toolbars may temporarily disappear when you reset Internet Explorer. You can enable them back from View menu by pressing ALT+V keys to open View menu and selecting appropriate toolbar from Toolbar-> ….. submenu.

Customer :

this does not work as i have to go offline and then i do not get the tool menu

NA-eTech :

Go offline?

Customer :

ok finally got the download now will try to run it

NA-eTech :

great.

Customer :

am now scanning the other computer please wait

NA-eTech :

So do you see Malwarebytes written on top?

Customer :

i still get the same mess nothing has changed

NA-eTech :

So I would recommend to scan the hard-disk as I described in the start.

Customer :

ok how do i get into the dos so i can run this chkdsk

NA-eTech :

Click Start, in search type cmd and on the result that you get, right click and select Run As Administrator

NA-eTech :

You will be DOS prompt.

NA-eTech :

Type

NA-eTech :

chkdsk /f /r

NA-eTech :

When asked that it can't be performed now, press 'y'

Customer :

ok then what i have restarted the computer now will chkdsk run automatically

NA-eTech :

Yes. It will start chkdsk automatically

NA-eTech :

Let it finish.

Customer :

i just get please wit forever

NA-eTech :

Still getting it?

Customer :

yes now the computer will not go into the safe mode

Customer :

ok i give up

Customer :

i will install another hard drive and be finished with this

NA-eTech :

Sorry about the problem.

Customer :

i am shutting dowm my computer

NA-eTech :

I can opt out for another expert if you like

Customer :

it is late and i am tired i have been at this all day enough is enough i will just put in another hard drive and program it and be done with this

NA-eTech :

Ok. I am really sorry about this.

NA-eTech :

Best Regards

Customer :

good bye and thanks for trying

Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi, and thanks for using JustAnswer.com.

You may not need to get another hard drive if your hard drive hardware is still working; the virus might have just corrupted windows, so you just need to use the built-in recovery partition to reinstall windows or use the windows / recovery disk. If it does not work, and you do not have the windows / recovery disk, please let me know (even if you get a new hard drive, you still need the windows / recovery disk to reinstall windows on the new hard drive).

When you have time, please get back to me. Thank you.

Thanks,
-Viet