Dharmendra
Dharmendra, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  I am having 7 yrs of experience in Computers

Update table 3.6 using SQL commands: a. Insert into EMPLOYEE. b.

Update table 3.6 using SQL commands:
a. Insert into EMPLOYEE.
b. Insert into PROJECT.
c. Insert into DEPARTMENT.
d. Insert into WORKS_ ON.
e. Insert <‘ XXXXXXXXX , ‘ John’, ‘ M’, <‘453453453’,‘John’,‘M’, ‘ 1990- 12- 12’, ‘ into DEPENDENT.
f. Delete the WORKS_ ON tuples with Essn = ‘ XXXXXXXXX .
g. Delete the EMPLOYEE tuple with Ssn = ‘ XXXXXXXXX .

h. Delete the PROJECT tuple with Pname = ‘ ProductX’.
i. Modify the Mgr_ ssn and Mgr_ start_ date of the DEPARTMENT tuple with Dnumber = 5 to ‘ XXXXXXXXX and ‘ 2007- 10- 01’, respectively.
j. Modify the Super_ ssn attribute of the EMPLOYEE tuple with Ssn = ‘ XXXXXXXXX to ‘ XXXXXXXXX . k. Modify the Hours attribute of the
WORKS_ ON tuple with Essn = ‘ XXXXXXXXX and Pno = 10 to ‘ 5.0’.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dharmendra replied 2 years ago.

Dharmendra :

Hi Welcome to Just Answer.

Dharmendra :

Let me know which command do you want

Customer :

Hello i have a database problem really urgent

Dharmendra :

ok let me know whats the problem

Customer :

this is an update that i have to test with isqlplus

Dharmendra :

do you want the update query for sql plus

Customer :

yes

Customer :

i have send you the file with the update and table that need to be updated.I will have to test it with ISQLPLUS server

Dharmendra :

ok I got the list do you want all these query

Customer :

my professor add this note:This is NOT QUICK WORK. In order to show that your SQL works, you will actually have to produce the entire SQL to create the database as shown on page 72(the 3.6 table i have attached in a word document). And then the SQL for 4.11. And then the SQL that shows that the SQL for 4.11(the actual update homework i typed in at the beguinning) actually worked. You will then post ALL of this work in one TEXT ONLY file (Name_HWK4) so I can re-produce your work by cutting and pasting it into iSQL. REMEMBE

Customer :

Is it ok now..just let me know how much it will cost me before you start

Dharmendra :

I got 3.6 table but what is 4.11

Dharmendra :

Ok I am start working on it. Will let you know after some time.

Customer :

4.11 is the update questions i have sent to you,which is right above the table of database 3.6

Hi Customer,

Download the text file from the below link:

http://wikisend.com/download/155580/Name_HWK4.txt

Need any help then let me know.

Bonus and Positive feedback are highly appreciated.

Regards,

Dharmendra

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok ..hold on
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i'm cheking..
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm having these errors using ISQLPLUS:

SP2-0850: Command "append" is not available in iSQL*Plus
values (‘Robert’, ‘F’, ‘Scott’, ‘943775543’, ‘1972- 06- 21’, ‘2365 Newcastle Rd, Bellaire, TX’, 'M', 58000, ‘888665555’, 1) * ERROR at line 2:
ORA-00911: invalid character
SP2-0851: Command beginning "b. Insert ..." is not available in iSQL*Plus
Insert into Project(Pname, Pnumber, Plocation, Dnum) values (‘ProductA’, 4, ‘ Bellaire’, 2) * ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00911: invalid character
SP2-0850: Command "change" is not available in iSQL*Plus
Insert into DEPARTMENT (Dname, Dnumber, Mgr_ssn, Mgr_start_date) values (‘Production’, 4, ‘ XXXXXXXXX rsquo;, ‘2007- 10- 4,‘943775543’,‘2007-10- 01’) * ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00911: invalid character
SP2-0851: Command beginning "d. Insert ..." is not available in iSQL*Plus
Insert into WORKS_ ON (Essn, Pno, Hours) values(‘677678989’, NULL, ‘40.0’) * ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00926: missing VALUES keyword
SP2-0851: Command beginning "e. Insert ..." is not available in iSQL*Plus
Insert into DEPENDENT(Essn, Dependent_name, Sex, Bdate, Relationship) values(‘453453453’,‘John’,‘M’,‘1990-12-12’,‘spouse’) * ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00911: invalid character
SP2-0851: Command beginning "f. Delete ..." is not available in iSQL*Plus
Delete from WORKS_ON where Essn = ‘333445555’ * ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00911: invalid character
SP2-0851: Command beginning "g. Delete ..." is not available in iSQL*Plus
Delete from EMPLOYEE where Ssn = ‘987654321’ * ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00911: invalid character
SP2-0851: Command beginning "h. Delete ..." is not available in iSQL*Plus
Delete from PROJECT where Pname = ‘ ProductX’ * ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00911: invalid character
SP2-0850: Command "input" is not available in iSQL*Plus
update DEPARTMENT set Mgr_ ssn = ‘123456789’, Mgr_ start_ date = ‘2007- 10- 01’ where Dnumber = 5 * ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00927: missing equal sign
SP2-0851: Command beginning "j. Modify ..." is not available in iSQL*Plus
ERROR:
ORA-01756: quoted string not properly terminated
SP2-0851: Command beginning "k. Modify ..." is not available in iSQL*Plus
update WORKS_ ON set Hours = '5.0' where Essn = ‘999887777’AND Pno = '10' * ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00971: missing SET keyword
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
here the code i have paste
tell me what's wrong:

Insert into Employee (Fname, Minit, Lname, Ssn, Ddate, Address, Sex, Salary, Super_ssn, Dno)
values (‘Robert’, ‘F’, ‘Scott’, ‘943775543’, ‘1972- 06- 21’, ‘2365 Newcastle Rd, Bellaire, TX’, 'M', 58000, ‘888665555’, 1);

Insert into Project(Pname, Pnumber, Plocation, Dnum) values (‘ProductA’, 4, ‘ Bellaire’, 2);

Insert into DEPARTMENT (Dname, Dnumber, Mgr_ssn, Mgr_start_date) values (‘Production’, 4, ‘ XXXXXXXXX rsquo;, ‘2007- 10- 4,‘943775543’,‘2007-10- 01’);

Insert into WORKS_ ON (Essn, Pno, Hours) values(‘677678989’, NULL, ‘40.0’);

Insert into DEPENDENT(Essn, Dependent_name, Sex, Bdate, Relationship) values(‘453453453’,‘John’,‘M’,‘1990-12-12’,‘spouse’);

Delete from WORKS_ON where Essn = ‘333445555’;

Delete from EMPLOYEE where Ssn = ‘987654321’;

Delete from PROJECT where Pname = ‘ ProductX’;

update DEPARTMENT set Mgr_ ssn = ‘123456789’, Mgr_ start_ date = ‘2007- 10- 01’ where Dnumber = 5;

update EMPLOYEE set Super_ ssn = ‘943775543’ where Ssn ='943775543’;

update WORKS_ ON set Hours = '5.0' where Essn = ‘999887777’AND Pno = '10';

Hi again,

Start your iSQL*Plus

Enter the query one by one.

Don't copy and paste, only type the query as it is.

And don't add a,b,c..etc before beginning the query.

Because in copy and paste sometime single quotes works as special character.

So, please don't copy and paste only type the query one by one and send me the result.

Type query one and execute the result.

Type query second and execute the result and so on.

And make sure all the table present in your database.

Regards,

Dharmendra

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok let me try

First type the query.

Select * from Employee

and press the enter button to execute.

And check the table exists or not in your database.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have a question,have you tested it on isqlplus??does it work?

Yes I have tested all the query and there is no error. All query are working fine.

You can check this query to your professor also.

Regards,

Dharmendra

Dharmendra, Computer Software Engineer
Experience: I am having 7 yrs of experience in Computers
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
oh ok i know the professor told me to code the table 3.6 and then to verify the update but i appreciate the effort thanks i accept your proposition and i will see with my teacher..
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello i already paid you .Therefore i need a favor my professor send me note he says:
<<I found your script. However, you do not have the SQL required to form and populate the actual tables hence i can not check to see if your SQL works. Please email me the code including the SQL to create and fill the table and the work you already submitted in a single file so I can check that everything works.>> How do i fix this,can you give me the code including the SQL to create and fill the table and the work i already submitted in a single file???
Thank you i would need it as soon as possible

Dear Customer,

Download the create table command from the below link:

http://wikisend.com/download/307476/Create_table.txt

For fill the table you need to write the insert table command.

I will give you syntax so, you can apply on each row and each table.

Insert into tablename(column name) values(column value)

Example:

Insert into Project(Pname, Pnumber, plocation, Dnum) values (ProductX, 1, Bellaire, 5)

Insert into Project(Pname, Pnumber, plocation, Dnum) values (ProductY, 2, Sugarland, 5)

I hope you can create the insert command for each table and each row.

Thanks & Regards,

Dharmendra

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The code you provide me still showing errors on my ISQLPLUS i do not know why?.I wanted to be able to put the script and produce table;
Here my errors:

SP2-0851: Command beginning ".Create ta..." is not available in iSQL*Plus

(Fname varchar2(20), Minit char(1), Lname varchar2(20), Ssn number(9), Bdate , Address varchar(50), Sex Char(1), Salary number(6), Super_ssn number(9), Dno number(2), CONSTRAINT EMPLOYEE_pk PRIMARY KEY (Ssn number))
*

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00928: missing SELECT keyword

Insert into Project(Pname, Pnumber, Plocation, Dnum) values (‘ProductA’, 4, ‘ Bellaire’, 2)
*

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00911: invalid character

Insert into DEPARTMENT (Dname, Dnumber, Mgr_ssn, Mgr_start_date) values (‘Production’, 4, ‘ XXXXXXXXX , ‘2007- 10- 4,‘943775543’,‘2007-10- 01’)
*

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00911: invalid character

Insert into WORKS_ ON (Essn, Pno, Hours) values(‘677678989’, NULL, ‘40.0’)
*

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00926: missing VALUES keyword

Insert into DEPENDENT(Essn, Dependent_name, Sex, Bdate, Relationship) values(‘453453453’,‘John’,‘M’,‘1990-12-12’,‘spouse’)
*

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00911: invalid character

Delete from WORKS_ON where Essn = ‘333445555’
*

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00911: invalid character
SP2-0850: Command "’." is not available in iSQL*Plus

Delete from EMPLOYEE where Ssn = ‘987654321’
*

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00911: invalid character

Delete from PROJECT where Pname = ‘ ProductX’
*

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00911: invalid character

update DEPARTMENT set Mgr_ ssn = ‘123456789’, Mgr_ start_ date = ‘2007- 10- 01’ where Dnumber = 5
*

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00927: missing equal sign
ERROR:

update WORKS_ ON set Hours = '5.0' where Essn = ‘999887777’AND Pno = '10'
*

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00971: missing SET keyword

my script code:

Create table EMPLOYEE

Create table DEPARTMENT
(Dname varchar2(20), Dnumber number(2), Mgr_ssn number(9), Mgr_start_date , CONSTRAINT DEPARTMENT_pk PRIMARY KEY (Dnumber))

Create table DEPT_LOCATION
(Dnumber number(2), Dlocation varchar2(15), CONSTRAINT DEPT_LOCATION_pk PRIMARY KEY(Dnumber, Dlocation))

Create table WORKS_ON
(Essn number(9), Pno number(1), Hours number(2, 1), CONSTRAINT WORKS_ON_pk PRIMARY KEY(Essn, Pno))

Create table PROJECT
(Pname varchar2(20), Pnumber number(2), Plocation varchar2(20), Dnum number(2), CONSTRAINT PROJECT_pk PRIMARY KEY (Ssn))

Create table DEPENDENT
(Essn number(9), Dependent_name varchar2(20), Sex char(1), Bdate, Relationship varchar2(20), CONSTRAINT DEPENDENT_pk PRIMARY KEY (Essn, Dependent_name))

Hi again,

You need to execute query one by one in the editor.

First create the table and then insert the record.

Check the below link for more detail

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3RGQcdrIRY&feature=related

Regards,

Dharmendra

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This is what i get if i run table employee:
SQL>CREATE Table EMP(
2 Fname Varchar2(20)
3 Minit char(1)
4 Lastname varchar 2(20)
5 Ssn number(9)
6Bdate
7 Adress varchar (50)
8 Sex char(1)
9Salary number (6)
10 Super _ssn number(9)
11 Dno number (2));

SP2-0851: Command beginning "SQL>CREATE..." is not available in iSQL*Plus
SP2-0851: Command beginning "2 Fname Va..." is not available in iSQL*Plus
SP2-0851: Command beginning "3 Minit ch..." is not available in iSQL*Plus
SP2-0851: Command beginning "4 Lastname..." is not available in iSQL*Plus
SP2-0860: For a list of known commands enter HELP
SP2-0851: Command beginning "5 Ssn numb..." is not available in iSQL*Plus
SP2-0850: Command "6Bdate" is not available in iSQL*Plus
SP2-0851: Command beginning "7 Adress ..." is not available in iSQL*Plus
SP2-0851: Command beginning "8 Sex char..." is not available in iSQL*Plus
SP2-0851: Command beginning "9Salary nu..." is not available in iSQL*Plus
SP2-0851: Command beginning "10 Super _..." is not available in iSQL*Plus
SP2-0851: Command beginning "11 Dno num..." is not available in iSQL*Plus

Hi again,

You didn't enter comma after the first line.

Check the below command.

SQL>CREATE Table EMP(
2 Fname Varchar2(20),
3 Minit char(1),
4 Lastname varchar 2(20),
5 Ssn number(9),
6 Bdate date,
7 Adress varchar (50),
8 Sex char(1),
9Salary number (6),
10 Super _ssn number(9),
11 Dno number (2));

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Project 1

In this project you will perform the physical design and implementation using SQL Data Definition Language (DDL) and proceed with populating the Mom and Pop Johnson Video Store database via Data Manipulation Language (DML) SQL commands.

Scenario

You are a database consultant with Ace Software, Inc. and have been assigned to develop a database for the Mom and Pop Johnson video store in town. Mom and Pop have been keeping their records of videos and DVDs purchased from distributors and rented to customers in stacks of invoices and piles of rental forms for years. They have finally decided to automate their record keeping with a relational database.

You sit down with Mom and Pop to discuss their business, and watch their operation for about a week. You discover quickly that a video and a DVD are both copies of a movie kept in a separate plastic case that is rented out. They have several copies of each movie they rent; therefore there are several videos and DVDs for each movie title. You learn that in their inventory they have several thousand videos and DVDs, which they get wholesale from about a half dozen distributors. The video and DVD prices to them are based on the quantity of their shipment and the past business they have done with each company.

The price of a DVD for a movie might be different than the price of a video for the same movie, even from the same distributor. Each distributor provides different types of movies (e.g., suspense, horror, mystery, comedy, etc.). A single distributor may provide several different types of movies in both video and DVD format. It is possible to obtain the same movie from multiple distributors, and at different wholesale prices.

Each video and DVD has a unique identification number that Mom and Pop assign in their inventory, in addition to the distributor's serial number for the item. Each movie also has a unique identification number Mom and Pop assign in addition to the title, and any movie IDs the distributors use in their electronic catalogs. Distributors provide electronic catalogs to Mom and Pop and the information from these catalogs must be included in the database.

Mom and Pop need to record when a video or DVD is rented, when a video or DVD is returned, and all customer charges such as late and damaged fees, failure to rewind fees, and taxes. They need a report of which videos are returned late because there are standard and late charges. On occasion there are discount prices for certain movies or types of movies. Customers want to rent movies based on actors or actresses, running length, type of movie, rating, year released, the director, and the academy awards won (by the movie, the actors, the actresses and/or the directors). Customers also want to know how many videos they have rented in the last month, year, and so forth. Mom and Pop need to keep only basic information on customers in their database, such as name, address, telephone numbers, etc.

There must be no limit to the number of video and/or DVD copies of a movie that Mom and Pop can have in their inventory. Video/DVD ID numbers, movie ID numbers, and distributor ID numbers for videos, DVDs, and movies are all different. Also, each movie must be able to have an unlimited number of actors, actresses, directors, and academy awards (i.e., Oscars). Other types of awards (e.g., Golden Globe, People's Choice, etc.) are not of interest for this application. The rental of equipment, sale of videos, DVDs, popcorn, etc., is not to be kept in the database.

Project 1 Details:

1. Create Oracle database tables using SQL Data Definition Language (DDL) for each table. Make sure that you declare a primary key for each table (these may be composite keys) and all appropriate foreign keys. Your CREATE TABLE statements must show integrity constraints, as appropriate, for NOT NULL, UNIQUE, PRIMARY KEY, FOREIGN KEY, REFERENCES, and CHECK constraints. Be sure to save your script used to create these tables as yournameproject1step1.sql. You should test your script to make sure it runs without error.

2. Provide two examples of SQL DML (i.e., "INSERT") commands that fail different table integrity constraints you set up in one of your table. Explain why the statements fail. Be sure to save your script used to as yournameproject1step2.sql. You can include comments in the SQL script describing why the insert statements failed.

3. Populate each of your tables with at least five valid rows of data each and show the SQL you used. Populate other tables in your database, as necessary, to satisfy referential integrity. Be sure to save your script used to create these records as yournameproject1step3.sql. You should test your script to make sure it runs without error.

4. Write SQL to perform the following queries and updates. Be sure to save your script used to create these records as yournameproject1step4.sql. You should test your script to make sure it runs without error:

a. Retrieve all of your customers' names, account numbers, and addresses (street and zip code only), sorted by account number.

b. Retrieve all of the videos rented in the last 30 days and sort in chronological rental date order.

c. Produce a list of your distributors and all their information sorted in order by company name.

d. Update customer names to change their maiden names to married names. You can choose which records to update.

e. Delete customers from the database. You can choose which records to delete.

Submissions:

1. You MUST submit your four SQL scripts satisfying each of the steps above. Feel free to compress the files using WinZip and save as YournameProject1.zip.

2. Use only sans-serif font (ex. Arial).

3. Submit in your WebTycho portfolio in the Project 1 area before the due date. Please contact me before the due date if you have any questions or concerns.(FRIDAY 7,2011) BEFORE MIDNIGHT

4. IMPORTANT! REMEMBER that the validating standard for evaluating if a script works is the UMUC iSQL application. If you test and ensure your script works in iSQL before you submit it, then you will know your grade before I do. A working script receives a 100%. A script that throws errors receives a score of ZERO.

THIS IS THE ORACLE THAT WE USE THE USERNAME:cm320j22 PASSWORD: mangas(LOGIN USING MY ACCOUNT AND TEST YOUR SQL IN HERE SO IF IT WORKS,THE PROFESSOR WILL KNOW BECAUSE THAT IS WHERE HE IS GOING TO TEST IT)
WEBSITE:

http://isqlplus.umuc.edu/isqlplus/

Sorry, The time you had given was not sufficient.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm working on it now ..Thank you

If any problem regarding the query then let me know.

Thanks & Regards,

Dharmendra

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
4.12. Specify the following queries in SQL on the database schema of Figure 1.2.
a. Retrieve the names of all senior
students majoring in ‘ CS’ ( computer sci-ence).
b. Retrieve the names of all courses taught by Professor King in 2007 and 2008.
c. For each section taught by Professor King, retrieve the course number, semester, year, and number of students who took the section.
d. Retrieve the name and transcript of each senior student ( Class = 4) majoring in CS. A transcript includes course name, course number, credit hours, semester, year, and grade for each course completed by the student.

4.13. Write SQL update statements to do the following on the database schema shown in Figure 1.2.
a. Insert a new student, <‘ Johnson’, 25, 1,‘ Math’>, in the database.
b. Change the class of student ‘ Smith’ to 2.
c. Insert a new course, <‘ Knowledge Engineering’, ‘ CS4390’, 3, ‘ CS’>.
d. Delete the record for the student whose name is ‘ Smith’ and whose stu-dent number is XXXXX

Hi again,

I am not getting the figure 1.2.

Please upload the figure 1.2 so i can start working.

You can upload on www.wikisend.com and send me the download link.

Regards,

Dharmendra

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok hold on

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Here the link:

http://wikisend.com/download/612000/table 2.1 new.doc

table 2.1 new.doc

VERY IMPORTANT YOU HAVE TO TEST IT IN HERE SO OUR PROFESSOR WILL KNOW ,SINCE THIS IS WHAT WE ALL USE,IF IT WORKS HERE ,IT WILL WORKS FOR THE PROFESSOR)
You have to go to http://isqlplus.umuc.edu/isqlplus/
LOGIN:cm320j22
PASWORD:mangas
use my account and test it there,any questions just ask..
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
DID u have it??

Hi again,

I already created the table in your database.

So no need to create the table again.

I refer your table table 2.1 new.doc

but the most important thing is that there is no value for Class = 4 in the database. So I use Class = 2 instead of class = 4 in the sql query, because class = 2 contains the records.

-------------------

Solution: 4.12.

---------------------------------------------------

Select Name from student where Class = 2 AND Major='CS';
--------------------------------------------
Select Course_Name, Instructor from Section
Inner Join Course
ON
Section.course_number = Course.Course_Number
where Instructor = 'King' AND Year between '07' AND '08';
Select Instructor, Section.Course_Number, Semester,Section.Course_Number, Student_Number from Section
Inner Join Course
ON
Inner Join
Grade_Report
ON
Section.Section_Identifier = Grade_Report.Section_Identifier
where Instructor = 'King';
-------------------------------------------

Select Student.Name, Course.course_name, Course.course_number, Course.credit_hours, Section.semester, Section.year, Grade_Report.grade from Course
Inner Join
Section
On Course.Course_Number = Section.Course_Number
Inner Join
Grade_Report
ON Section.Section_Identifier = Grade_Report.Section_Identifier
Inner Join
Student
ON Student.Student_Number = Grade_Report.Student_Number
Where Student.Class = 2;

Solution 4.13.

--------------------------------------------------
Insert into Student(Name, Student_Number, Class, Major)
values('Johnson', 25, 1,‘Math');

-------------------------------------------------------

Update Student set Class = 2 where name = 'Smith';

Insert Into Course(Course_name, Course_Number, Credit_hours, Department) values('Knowledge Engineering', ‘ CS4390', 3, ‘CS');

Delete from student where Name = 'Smith' AND Student_Number = 17

------------------------------------------------------

** Note: Execute Query One by one.

Need any help then let me know.

If you get satisfy with the answer then click on Accept button .

Regards,

Dharmendra

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok i will let u know and will accept as soon as i get it right it looks good on my isql ,hope you did test it right on the isqlplus class link we use which i gave you as well..Thank you

Ok,

Take your time.

Regards,

Dharmendra

Dharmendra, Computer Software Engineer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please i have done the code and validation but having issue with the GET query server
Here the project:
Web Services—Using Yahoo! Maps, Google Maps or similar available Web services, create an rssGEO2.0.xml document that will group and display at least five different geographical locations. The theme of the locations is up to you, but include your favorite vacation destinations, restaurants, nightclubs, or places you used to live. Post your XML file on a server and use an http GET query to display the results. Submit for grading the XML file along with the http GET query and a description of the process you used for this portion of the project. Also submit a screen shot that clearly demonstrates the final product of this option. Also submit a screen shot demonstrating your work

In addition to submitting the required deliverables for the option you selected for this Final Project, please make sure that you also submit a .doc file with explanations and comments on your solution. As in the above - do not forget to include screen shot(s) that clearly demonstrates the final product of the option

Optional Information:
Computer OS: Windows XP
Browser: Firefox

Already Tried:
I have tried the xml code,a validated schema and document description but having problem with the Get query server.

Hi again,

Can you upload the project on www.wikisend.com

and send me the download url. So I will take a look.

Regards,

Dharmendra

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Download link:
http://wikisend.com/download/906636/finalproj JA.doc

Forum link
finalproj JA.doc

anything else just ask me,
Aboubacar

Hi again,

kindly check the below links for more detail:

http://worldkit.org/doc/rss.php

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeoRSS

Regards,

Dharmendra

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i see the link for more details but i want to see the actual xml geo rss code + validation(any schema or dtd) as required in the project (+Get URL),screenshot and description.

Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This is what i have done so far,my xml and schema are validated.My only issue is to fix my URL to display a webpage and use GET IT for the yahoo map page.
Please check it out and let me know.

http://wikisend.com/download/178632/BALDE rssGEO2.0.xml

http://wikisend.com/download/894458/Balde rss geo 2.0.doc

Hi again,

Replace the URL

For France:

<![CDATA[ http://www.umuc.edu/ ]]>

<![CDATA[ http://maps.yahoo.com/#tt=&q=France&start=1]]>

For Senegal:

<![CDATA[ http://www.umuc.edu/ ]]>

<![CDATA[ http://maps.yahoo.com/#tt=&q=Senegal&start=1]]>

For Canada:

<![CDATA[ http://www.umuc.edu/ ]]>

<![CDATA[ http://maps.yahoo.com/#tt=&q=Canada&start=1]]>

For Italy:

<![CDATA[ http://www.umuc.edu/ ]]>

<![CDATA[ http://maps.yahoo.com/#tt=&q=Italy&start=1]]>

For Brazil:

<![CDATA[ http://www.umuc.edu/ ]]>

<![CDATA[ http://maps.yahoo.com/#tt=&q=Brazil&start=1]]>

Let me know is this solve your problem or not.

Need any help then let me know.

Regards,

Dharmendra

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok what you mean is to replace the www.umuc.edu by the link you have provided....and display it with internet explorer or copy both?
Is that the only thing i neee to change to get the GET query?

Yes the only thing you need to change.

Need any help then let me know.

Regards,

Dharmendra

Hi again,

There is a different section according to the country in the xml file.

So you need to change only the http://www.umuc.edu/ to the given url according to the country.

Do not put both the URL only replace old URL by the given URL.

Example: For France:

The given URL is <![CDATA[ http://www.umuc.edu/ ]]>

Replace it with <![CDATA[ http://maps.yahoo.com/#tt=&q=France&start=1]]>

Need any help then let me know.

Regards,

Dharmendra

Dharmendra, Computer Software Engineer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok i have updated it:
here the link:
http://wikisend.com/download/308570/BALDE rssGEO2.0.xml

now the xml file still open with no error,my question is how to test the GET IT.
my professor said i had to open it in a webpage example:www.umuc.edu and use GET IT.

My apologies. I tried but lost. I am out of ideas and opting out for other experts to answer. You will be notified by email as soon as any expert joins you.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Dharmendra

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hey,your links were really useful,the only part i missed was to put the server link on my xml code.Your links got the Get queries and since you the only one who really help me out,i will accept your answer.Thank you once again