John, Computer Specialist
Experience:  MCP, RHCE
50152684

Is System Mechanic comparable to MS Security Essentials And

Is System Mechanic comparable to MS Security Essentials?

And would changing my paging size in the virtual memory speed up my PC. I've run the System Mechanic and it still loads Internet pages very slowly.

My technical services for my satellite came out and did what they could but it still loads slow. I don't know what else to try. My PC is six years old.

Any suggestions will be appreciated!!
Thanks!
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.

cyball83 :

Hello and Welcome to Just answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX will be assisting you today

cyball83 :

I believe this problematic pc is a dell PC.if so please provide the service tag number of the PC

Customer:

9TJ2P71

cyball83 :

ok one moment please

cyball83 :

is this a dell dimension 3000 desktop

Customer:

Yes, it is.

cyball83 :

is your pc slow too?

Customer:

Yes. There is a hesitation when loading pages or sometimes even typing in MS Word

cyball83 :

ok

cyball83 :

first let me check the system configuration

cyball83 :

was the pc this slow before ?

Customer:

No. It's been slow for two or three weeks but I haven't had time to call Dell until last Friday or Saturday.

cyball83 :

do you have external usb hard drive?

Customer:

No.

cyball83 :

do you know the memory installed in the PC

cyball83 :

Right click on my computer then click on properties that will open system properties in that look for memory or ram

cyball83 :

Let me know

Customer:

It says 2 GB of RAM

cyball83 :

which is the operating system installed in the dell pc,is it xp,vista or windows 7

Customer:

Windows 7 or 8 - I'm not sure which one.

cyball83 :

do you have windows 7 disc with you?

cyball83 :

i mean installation disc

Customer:

No. The computer came with XP installed.

Customer:

I do have the installation discs.

cyball83 :

for windows 7 or XP?

Customer:

XP

cyball83 :

the other techs have already tried some steps to speed up the system.so the only step left is to reinstall windows (which will erase the data on the PC and load the windows xp and other applications came with the PC) The problem is you do not have the windows 7 disc to install that so you will loose windows 7.i can give you some other which you can try to increase the speed of the pc but to be honest i don't think that will work.

cyball83 :

how did you upgrade it to windows 7?

Customer:

I think it was an automatic update.

cyball83 :

windows 7 didn't come through windows update.you need to purchase it then only you can install it.i think i am missing something can i remote access to your pc and check the operating system installed and other details

cyball83 :

also i can try to speed up the PC too

Customer:

I looked in my add/remove list and it says i have Windows 8 with 5.63 MB. I didn't purchase it.

cyball83 :

ok that is Internet explorer 8 the web browser for opening web pages not windows 7 the operating system

Customer:

Then I guess I'm still with Windows XP - will it take very long to look in my computer system? i'm kind of in the middle of a job.

Customer:

I don't want to erase my hard drive anyway

cyball83 :

i will just check the system and leave

cyball83 :

can i give you the remote access link

cyball83 :

let me know so that i can give you the remote access link

Customer:

Okay.

cyball83 :

Please click on this link http://67.192.95.188:8040/guest.aspx?Session=d74036f2-1ee6-4402-a9cd-af5553d9ccd8&SUPPORT=NET then you will get a disclaimer please click on i agree then you get a java application installation window in that click on Run. Then you will get another window in that click on join session. That will let me access your pc and check the problem

cyball83 :

You have to click on the link and follow the instructions then only i can access your PC

Customer:

Okay.

Customer:

Ready.

cyball83 :

ok

cyball83 :

sir i am in this chat now

Customer:

Ok

cyball83 :

i will give you the Microsoft security essentials download link

Customer:

ok

Customer:

Dell is on the phone with me now. I'll get this thing taken care of shortly, i hope. Thanks for your input.

cyball83 :

do you need the link

Customer:

Yes, I'll use it. I can put up with the slow a little longer though, because I don't want to reinstall.

cyball83 :

please click on the link http://tinyurl.com/6cg8nze that will start the download

cyball83 :

download and install it then update it and do a full scan

cyball83 :

is there anything else you like to know

cyball83 :

do you want the other steps which may speed up a little bit

cyball83 :

Let me knokw

cyball83 :

i mean know

Customer:

No, thanks. I was just hoping for some magic, I guess.

cyball83 :

please don’t forget to click ACCEPT button in this chat page & leave a POSITIVE Feedback and some Bonus will be well appreciated. That’s the only way i get paid for the services that I have provided to you

Customer:

ok - thanks

cyball83 :

To be honest the only magic i can give you through is either the microsoft antivirus scan or through reinstallation.

cyball83 :

The Accept button is on the right bottom corner of this main chat window close to replay button,

Have a Great God Blessed Day

John, Computer Specialist
Experience: MCP, RHCE