Cory
Cory, Computer Technician
Experience:  Computer Repair Technician 5+ Years
8685120

When I try to enter my Hotmail account which I have had for

Customer Question

When I try to enter my Hotmail account which I have had for about 20 years I get a message "Your Account Has Been Blocked." I do everything I'm asked to do by https://security.live.com/pp1100/Aci.aspx/A1 and change my password. When I then try to sign in with my new password XXXXX says that it's invalid. This has happened twice within a week. My Hotmail messages are coming in on my Blackberry but I can't see anything but new messages. Is there a way to talk to a real person. I need access badly.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Cory replied 3 years ago.
Welcome To JustAnswer. Im Cory.

The last time you changed your password XXXXX worked or it has been blocked for a week?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The last time I changed my password XXXXX worked. Last night when I went to sign in the exact same thing happened again.

Here's what I get:

Your account has been blocked Why are you seeing this? Someone may have used your account to send out a lot of junk messages (or something else that violates the Windows Live Terms of Service).
We're here to help you get your account back. What do you need to do? We'll walk you through a few steps to verify that you own the account, then have you change your password XXXXX case someone else has been accessing your account. It should only take a few minutes and then you'll be unblocked and on your way. We've cleaned your account settings Often customers get here because someone else has access to your account and are using it without your knowledge to send spam. To protect you and your contacts, we've removed any Hotmail auto-replies or linked accounts you may have had.

Expert:  Cory replied 3 years ago.

Please click here to recover your account.

1.Choose I think someone else is using my ID.
2.Click Reset
3.Enter your windows live id you want to recover and an email address you have access to.
4. Click Customer Service
5.Then you fill out what you know about your account and press continue (do not fill out the billing information.)
6.You will be given a pin. Write down this pin and check."i'v written down my pin and i understand i need to contact a support agent."
7.Then you will be asked to enter your pin on the next page
8.Enter your pin and click submit
9.Then your information will be sent to MSN/Hotmail and it will take 3-5 business days for them to respond to you. They have many accounts they are verifying. Bookmark the page so you can return to it for any account updates.

Here are some numbers you can try but they are for paid Hotmail Plus accounts:

1-800-386-5550
1-866-672-4551

If you call back more than once you might get someone that will help you.

You can also try emailingXXX@XXXXXX.XXX orXXX@XXXXXX.XXX

Another number you can try for a free account is(NNN) NNN-NNNNThen 2 or 3.

If my answer was helpful please click ACCEPT, that is the only way i receive credit for helping you. (Even if you have a trial or a subscription.)

BONUSES and POSITIVE FEEDBACK are appreciated.

Cory, Computer Technician
Experience: Computer Repair Technician 5+ Years
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I didn't respond again because what you advised me to do didn't work as I had already tried it. As of today, I have not been able to get into my Hotmail account for 4 weeks. I am seeing my incoming Hotmail messages on my Blackberry but am forwarding all to another account to reply. I am open to switching from Hotmail to something else but I still have all of my folders and about 700 contacts that I would like to access as save.

Optional Information:
Computer OS: Windows XP
Browser: IE

Already Tried:
What the computer advised me to do, the same thing you advised me to do. If any reply is coming it is going to XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX which I haven't used for more than 15 years and don't know how to access it. I would like a reply, if there is one, to come to XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX but the screen doesn't allow me to change this entry.

Expert:  Cory replied 3 years ago.

If your account has been inactive for 15 years it most likely has been purged from the hotmail system.

You will need to go hotmail.com and sign up with the username again.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Either I am not explaining myself clearly or you are not reading what I am saying. That's why these sites frustrate the hell out of me. Let's try again.

1. I have had the account XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX for more than 15 years and used it extensively every day the entire time.

2. Four plus weeks ago I tried to view my messages and was advised that my account was blocked.

3. I tried to determine why and went through the procedure advised from Hotmail. It didn't work. One reason, I think, was the message said they would respond to XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX with a "code". This is the account that has been inactive for about 15 years and I forgot I even had it. I agree with you that it was inactivated. However, there was no way given to change this email to another "active" email, like XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX so I assume that's why I wasn't getting a reply.

4. In frustration, I decided I needed assistance and went to your website for help. Although you responded promptly (thank you), you advised me to do exactly what I had already done. Therefore, I tried it again and waited. After no response, I tried again a few days later. Still no response.

5. I paid my $42 because I don't think it was your fault.

6. I still have no resolution and despite contacting a couple of friends who work for Microsoft I have not been able to find someone who can help me.

7. I have given up on using Hotmail and am moving to msn.com and to another business email, but I would like to at least recover my Folders and Contacts from Hotmail. I can never recreate all of this information any other way.

8. The thing that I don't understand is that I continue to get 50-100 new incoming message on Hotmail through my Blackberry so I know the account is still "active". I just can't access it and really don't know now what password is associated with the account because they have asked me to change my password everytime I try to solve the problem.

Sorry for the long explanation, but I hope you have a better prospective of my frustration.

Rick

Expert:  Cory replied 3 years ago.

Its ok, I understand.

If you tried to change your password and the reset notification went to an email that is inactive and that is why you needed to fill out the recovery form.

When you fill out the recovery form you will give an email that is active and that you have access to. You may need to create a new one.

When you fill out the recovery form it can take 3-5 business days for them to respond to it.

When you fill it out again, this process starts over.

Did you pay for hotmail plus at all?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I did give them my business email address and did get one response on Oct. 10. It gave me a website address to go to so I could reset my password. However, when I did so I got the same screen again asking for all of the information again about my account. After going through this routine about 4 times now I gave up and haven't tried again since Oct. 10.
Expert:  Cory replied 3 years ago.
Can you send me the link they sent you in that email?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Did you request a password reset for your Windows Live account (javascript:top.opencompose('XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX','','','1'))?

If you requested this password reset, go here:
https://account.live.com/password/resetconfirm?otc=*Crn42IDznZ3kEgrzduSGPDITWVmWtF7vt5oDizWGP9*7LdVeLoaBaiokCTyPWLYBxb41Iit69ZOja46BtQGRnsw$&mn=hawaiiexpert%40hotmail.com

If you didn't make this request, use this link to cancel it:
https://account.live.com/password/resetcancel?otc=*Crn42IDznZ3kEgrzduSGPDITWVmWtF7vt5oDizWGP9*7LdVeLoaBaiokCTyPWLYBxb41Iit69ZOja46BtQGRnsw$&mn=hawaiiexpert%40hotmail.com

Thank you,
Windows Live

Microsoft respects your privacy. To learn more, please read our online privacy statement:
DANGEROUS URL REMOVED%2Ffwlink%2F%3FLinkId%3D74170

Microsoft Corporation
One Microsoft Way
Redmond, WA 98052
Expert:  Cory replied 3 years ago.

I get a server error on that site

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I just tried it and got this reply:

Our server is having a problem. We're working to fix it as soon as we can, so try again in a few minutes.

Maybe it expires after 24 hours or something like that.

I have to go home soon as I am 2 hours past my work time. I can try again tonight if you send me anything that you recommend that I do.

Expert:  Cory replied 3 years ago.

Please fill out the form again. When you get a reply send me the email before you click on the link. I want to make sure you get all of the address.

2.Click Reset
4. Click Customer Service
8.Enter your pin and click submit

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
OK. I did this again. So now I wait another 3-5 days?
Expert:  Cory replied 3 years ago.
yes
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
OK. I will sign off now.
Expert:  Cory replied 3 years ago.
ok i will chat with you in a few days