Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

How do I restore microsoft office to my computer I have windows

How do I restore microsoft office to my computer? I have windows xp and comcast advises that a problem I have evidences that Office was deleted from my programs and I need to restore it to be able to pull down attachments to my e-mails.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Andy replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer !! I am Andy and I will be glad to help you out with your issue today.

Did Office came preinstalled on your computer ?

If yes, did you ever uninstall / delete it ?

Have you ever used MS Word / Excel on your computer ?

Are you not able to use them now ?

What is the make n model of the computer

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Yes, Office Home Edition came with my computer. I may have inadvertently done something to delete it or perhaps malware is involved. I am a 65 year old man who uses the computer for e-mail and the internet (some document production) and is no0t that computer savvy. It has been a problem for months that I can't pull down attachements to e-mails. Comcast says office and excel is off of my computer and should be restored.

I have used MS Word and Excel on the computer, but not for months asa explained above. I have a Dell computer, I don't know the modelbut the tag on it says: WindowsXP Home Edition Dell Service TagHXP5971, CN OWC292-42940-540-AD77, Express Service Code XXXXXXXXXXX

Expert:  Andy replied 5 years ago.

Most Dell computers come preinstalled only with a Trial version of Office that expires in about 30 to 60 days.

Also, having Office or not on your computer is no where related to downloading attachments from any email account.

Comcast is not telling you the truth. They want to divert you from the real issue and want to make you buy Office (which is a paid product).

Now, try to open a free email account on ... and send an attachment to that Gmail account ... and try to download it from there and see result.

Also, use Firefox (google it) to check your emails.

Let me know result.

If this helped, please click "ACCEPT".

(You need to click ACCEPT even if you are a SUBSCRIPTION or TRIAL member)

Positive Feedback and BONUS are always appreciated.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

You were correct the attachment could be read in G-mail. I'll deal with Comcast. Thanks for the help.

Expert:  Andy replied 5 years ago.

You are most welcome !

Take care