Frederick S., Computer Specialist
Experience:  Computer technician and founder of a home PC repair company.

My Hotmail account has been hacked, it is now in Arabic and

My Hotmail account has been hacked, it is now in Arabic and I apparently sent an email to all my contacts asking for money. My contact list was emptied and I have not been getting any emails since Sept 9th I have an email account with Shaw now so I need to close the Hotmail account. Email me back [email protected] Thanks
Hi! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you with this and providing you with the information you need.

Are you able to log in to the account currently?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Perfect. Please do the following for me. It's very simple and will get the language switched. Then we'll check on some other security settings --

Please click HERE then select English (the fifth option) then click the LEFT button at the end of the list (scroll down) ... it should be the button with only one word (not some Arabic text and then a space and then more Arabic text within the same button but the other one).

That should be the "SAVE" button

Let me know once that's done, please.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
okay its done
OK; great. I'm glad you're satisfied but we should do a few more things, too.

Now, please go here -->

Make sure forwarding is not turned on

Then go to and make sure only your own email address is listed. Please also click "Change" next to Password XXXXX that same page.

Thank you.