Shefin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

Hello, My Asus laptop is virtually useless because the cursor

Customer Question

My Asus laptop is virtually useless because the cursor jumps to other parts of the text as I type. How do I correct this problem? Please provide step-by-step instructions.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Shefin replied 3 years ago.

S H E F I N :

Hello, and welcome to Justanswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to assist you.

S H E F I N :

Please let me know when you are ready.

Customer:

Ok.

S H E F I N :

Have you tried to disable the touch pad while typing?

Customer:

How do I correct this problem with my laptop?

S H E F I N :

Customer:

No, how do I disable the touch pad?

S H E F I N :

May I know the model number of your computer?

Customer:

Asus K601

S H E F I N :

I would suggest you download and install TouchFreeze software.TouchFreeze will automatically disable touchpad while you are typing text.

S H E F I N :

I will help you download the software.

Customer:

Ok, I need step-by-step instructions - I'm a computer novice.

S H E F I N :

Please go to the link given below, click downloads section.

S H E F I N :

Save it to your desktop.

Customer:

Ok, apparently downloaded.

S H E F I N :

Double click the downloaded file to run it.

Customer:

Ok, just a moment...

S H E F I N :

Sure

Customer:

I'm back to the original download here type of screen. How do I run it?

S H E F I N :

Have you clicked on Run?

Customer:

Yes, to download it.

Customer:

But not since I've gotten the download complete message

S H E F I N :

Do you get a screen to install it?

Customer:

No, just to run it.

S H E F I N :

Please wait a minute and check if you are getting an installation screen.

Customer:

The "run" choice looked very much like the "install" function. Are they interchangeable?

S H E F I N :

You may install it by Run. However, by clicking Run, you will get an installation window and it will ask for location and suggest clicking Next to continue.

S H E F I N :

Did you get a window with an option Next?

Customer:

Yes, did that. How do I find it now?

S H E F I N :

Atlast, have you got an option says Finish

Customer:

I think so.

Customer:

yes.

S H E F I N :

Click Start, All programs and check if you are getting a program, Touchfreeze.

Customer:

one moment.

Customer:

Yes, have it. Must I activate it, or will it run automatically?

S H E F I N :

Otherwise, could you please try typing?

Customer:

one moment...

S H E F I N :

Sure

S H E F I N :

Are you able to type with no issues?

Customer:

No, the cursor still jumped, within 3 lines of typing.

S H E F I N :

Please select Touchfreeze from all programs.

Customer:

And, apparently it jumped to a new word processing page - it just opened up a new, blank document.

S H E F I N :

Have you started Touchfreeze?

Customer:

one moment...

S H E F I N :

Ok

Customer:

I've clicked on Touchfreeze without any apparent result. Is it now turned on and shoud I try typing again?

S H E F I N :

Yes

Customer:

ok.

S H E F I N :

Please let me know the result.

S H E F I N :

Are you able to type with no issues?

Customer:

4 lines of text, no problems. Should I hereinafter activate the Touchfreeze before typing or will it begin automatically when I type, as is the claim?

S H E F I N :

There is no need to enable it everytime.

S H E F I N :

If the issue resolved or the response was helpful, please click ACCEPT, so that I can get paid for my time and effort.

S H E F I N :

A positive feedback is precious to me.

S H E F I N :

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Customer:

Is this a common problem with computers, laptops, or ASUS? I've gotten a terrible impression of ASUS.

S H E F I N :

No, it is a common problem with laptops. it is because of the high sensitivity of the touchpads.

S H E F I N :

And it is not a problem.

S H E F I N :

It is common with laptops including Asus. it is because of the high sensitivity of the touchpads.

Customer:

Design flaw to have the touch pad between the keyboard and user's hands.

Customer:

Thanks a million. How do I leave you positive feedback?

S H E F I N :

After clicking ACCEPT, you will get an option to provide feedback.

Customer:

Thanks.

Shefin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.