TechGuy
TechGuy, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  MCSE, CCEA, A+
33491607

I am unable to launch ica. It will not open. I have Vista.

I am unable to launch ica. It will not open. I have Vista. I get a message that the internet browser setting will not allow it to launch. What can I do to allow this application?
Category: Computer
Expert:  TechGuy replied 2 years ago.

TechGuy :

Hello. I will try and assist you. Can you tell me the error that you are getting?

TechGuy :

You may need to try one of these options based on the information you have already provided. Can you check these settings and then try again?

TechGuy :

Change Internet Explorer Settings

1. Open Internet Explorer.

2. Browse to the Web Interface site.

3. On the menu bar go to Tools > Internet Options.

4. Click on the Security tab.

5. Under Select a zone to view or change security settings, click Trusted sites.

6. Click Sites.

7. The Web Interface URL should appear under Add this website to the zone. Click Add to add the site into the Trusted sites security zone.

8. Click OK to close the window and initiate the changes.

Workaround 2 – Change Internet Explorer Settings by disabling the setting

1. Open Internet Explorer.

2. On the menu bar go to Tools > Internet Options.

3. Click on the Advanced tab.

4. Scroll through the list to the Security section at the bottom.

5. Select the box next to the option Do Not Save Encrypted Pages To Disk.

6. Click OK to close the window and initiate the changes

TechGuy :

Can you let me know if you have success by changing these settings?

Customer:

I am trying these changes. Sorry it took so long. I am going to try to launch again.
Ok the error is gone, but when I click on outlook, my email does not open. I applied both of your suggestions

TechGuy :

Ok. Do you receive any error messages? What happens?

Customer:

Nothing. Applications will not open. No error messages.

TechGuy :

Are you using Internet Explorer 9?

Customer:

I think it is 8

TechGuy :

Ok.

TechGuy :

You may need to reinstall the citrix web client again since the security changes. Can you do that and let me know the results?

Customer:

ok

Customer:

I removed the program and opened the website again. It did not prompt me to reinstall citrix

TechGuy :

Have you tried deleting temporary internet files?

Customer:

How do you do it?

TechGuy :

With internet explorer open, go to tools internet options and click on delete under browsing history. If you have never done it it may take a while

Customer:

ok, done. still not prompting me to install citrix. My password XXXXX login works on metaframe, but nothing launches

TechGuy :

On the logon page, there should be three tabs up top, logon, messages and preferences. If you click on the messages tab, is there an option to reinstall citrix

TechGuy :

Also have you tried closing internet explorer and going back to the page?

Customer:

If I close internet explorer, will I lose contact with you

TechGuy :

If you do, you should have a link to get back into this question in your email. You can also, go to www.justanswer.com and enter the username and password XXXXX you created and you will find this listed under My Questions

Customer:

ok.

Customer:

now prompted to download citrix. Message says internet explorer cannot download ICA 32 web. Site unavailable or not found

TechGuy :

I'm assuming this is a work website you are trying to access?

Customer:

yes

TechGuy :

I think that your IT department needs to correct that link. However you can try to download and install the updated version here. http://www.citrix.com/English/ss/downloads/details.asp?downloadId=2315305&productId=1689163&ntref=clientcenter

TechGuy :

You want to select the Receiver for web access

Customer:

downloaded receiver

TechGuy :

let me know if that works. Thanks

TechGuy :

If so, please click Accept if I've been able to help you. Thanks

Customer:

Thank you. It worked. I will hit accept.

TechGuy, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience: MCSE, CCEA, A+