Travis B.
Travis B., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  7+ years of experience in troubleshooting computer problems. A+ Computer Maintenance and Repair
16569391

how to remove weatherbug

how to remove weatherbug
Category: Computer
Expert:  Travis B. replied 3 years ago.

Travis B. :

What operating system do you have?

Customer :

Windows 7

Travis B. :

Alright, one moment plase.

Travis B. :

please*

Travis B. :

BASIC WEATHERBUG UNINSTALL

To begin the WeatherBug uninstall process, please make sure the program is not running.
If there is a WeatherBug icon / temperature visible in the lower right corner of
your screen, right click on it and select "Exit WeatherBug".

To permanently remove the WeatherBug from your system after you have closed the program:

1. Click START (from lower left of computer screen)
2. Select SETTINGS and CONTROL PANEL
3. Double click ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS
4. Select "WeatherBug" from the list of applications
5. Click ADD/REMOVE and follow the instructions

This should perform a full uninstall of the WeatherBug application. We recommend
the basic uninstall to simply remove the program from your computer.

ADVANCED WEATHERBUG UNINSTALL

If you need to remove any remaining files from the registry, after completing the
above uninstall, continue to the following steps:

1. Click on the Windows START Button then select RUN.
2. In the RUN box, type "regedit" (without the quotes) then click OK. This will open
your Windows Registry Editor (following ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS, some of these keys will
already be removed -- if you do not find a key, please move on to the next step).
3. Click on the plus sign next to the folder named HKEY_CURRENT_USER
4. Click on the plus sign next to the folder named Software
5. Click on the folder, "AWS," to highlight it
6. Press the DELETE key on your keyboard and choose "YES" to delete this folder
7. Click on the plus sign next to the folder named Microsoft
8. Click on the plus sign next to the folder named Windows
9. Click on the plus sign next to the folder named CurrentVersion
10. Click on the folder named Run to highlight it (only the "Run" folder)

In the right-hand pane, look for a line stating "Weather." If you see it, please
click on it to highlight it then press the DELETE key on your keyboard and select
"YES."

To delete the AWS directory: Click Windows START, PROGRAMS, and WINDOWS EXPLORER.
If you accepted the default installation, please click on the "+" beside PROGRAM
FILES and then highlight the AWS folder. Press the DELETE key on your keyboard and
select YES or OK.

While still in Windows Explorer, click on the WINDOWS folder to highlight it. In
the right-hand pane, scroll all the way to the end and look for a file labeled "WeatherBug.ini."
Highlight the file and press the DELETE key on your keyboard and select YES or OK.

(On some versions of Windows, you may have to click on a link in the right-hand pane
of EXPLORER and select a link that will show all files in that folder).

Restart your computer and the uninstall is complete.

Please note that if you are a PLUS user, your account will remain active. If you are a PLUS user and wish to prevent future billing, please send an email to WeatherBug Support notifying us that you wish to prevent future billing.

To begin the WeatherBug uninstall process, you must MAKE SURE the program is not running. If there is a WeatherBug icon / temperature visible in the lower right corner of your screen, right click on it and select "Exit WeatherBug".

To permanently remove the WeatherBug from your system after you have exited the program:

• Click START (from lower left of computer screen)

• Select SETTINGS and CONTROL PANEL or just CONTROL PANEL depending upon your version of Windows.

• Double click ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS

• Select "WeatherBug" from the list of applications

• Click ADD/REMOVE and follow the instructions

• Expert:  Travis B. replied 3 years ago.
    What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
    Expert:  Travis B. replied 3 years ago.

• Double click ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS
  • Customer: replied 3 years ago.
    havent ben able to find yoour directions
    Expert:  Travis B. replied 3 years ago.

Here you go:

• Double click ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS
  • Customer: replied 3 years ago.
    i tried to print your anwer but could not
    Expert:  Travis B. replied 3 years ago.

Alright, this answer will be in your email, as well as on "My Questions" here.

Lastly if you can't print by going to File and print try Control + P.

If that didn't work for you then you would have to copy and paste all of this and put into a word document or notepad.

Travis B.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
    travs can you send me email with an swer
    Expert:  Travis B. replied 3 years ago.

I am sorry we can only communicate through here, but being on here, when I post the answer it also sends it to your email as well.

If that isn't working for you, then click and highlight the answer I wrote, then right-click then copy and then paste into a word document and or notepad, and then you can print out my answer.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX I could be of assistance and god bless!

Travis B.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
    can you please send me emal regarding oww to delete weatherbug
    Expert:  Travis B. replied 3 years ago.

My response on here should be also sending your email account the same response.

Here is my original response:

Here you go:

BASIC WEATHERBUG UNINSTALL

2. Select SETTINGS and CONTROL PANEL
    3. Double click ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS

ADVANCED WEATHERBUG UNINSTALL

"YES."

select YES or OK.

• Double click ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS

• Thank you!, We cannot communicate through anywhere but on here.
    When I post the answer it also sends it to your email as well.

Travis B., Computer Support Specialist
    Experience: 7+ years of experience in troubleshooting computer problems. A+ Computer Maintenance and Repair