boxfrederick, Software/Computer Expert
Experience:  Expert in computer technical support/10 yrs exp, Software Engineer 4 yrs exp, Networking 6 yrs exp

Paperport 14 pro. Constantly not responding .

Customer Question

Having issues with new PaperPort14 pro. Constantly "not responding". May be due to old files. I have not figured out why the old pdf's are causing the issue. No virus seen. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the PP14. No issues with PP12 pro before changing to PP14 pro. Does PP14 pro have issues with older versions of Excel, word or pdf? Any thoughts?
Category: Computer
Expert:  boxfrederick replied 5 years ago.
Hello, my name is Frederick and I am here to assist you.

Even though the old files were causing problems with PP14 have you checked to see if you can open the moved docs or pdf's. They may still open under acrobat reader, so go to the folder and double left click to open one of the moved files and tell me what happens. If you get any errors please post those, thank you.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am not having a problem viewing the old files out of PP14, I just want them in PP14 to be able to view with all the others. It is much nicer to see all files/folders in one area and of course there are many other benefits of viewing files in PP.

Just not sure WHY the old files can not be viewed with out this issue eventually (within a few clicks or during the copy/paste of old files into PP 14). The tech at Nuance took me on a wild ride but was hoping someone else can shine some light.