Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Worked With The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

How do I stop my aol email from going to my gmail acciunt.

How do I stop my aol email from going to my gmail acciunt. It seems to go there before it gets to my aol account
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer.com

My name isXXXXX am one of the experts who will assist you today!

This could be happening for one of two reasons..

EIther AOL is forwarding mail to gmail, Or gmail is collecting mail from aol.

Lets deal with the second issue first. To stop gmail from collecting your aol mail.

Log into aol mail.. and once logged in ... we need to change your password XXXXX aol mail!!

On the Settings menu on the AOL toolbar, click Passwords.

2. Click Change Password.

3. In the Change Your Password window, type your old password XXXXX the Old password XXXXX

4. In the Enter new password XXXXX boxes, type the new password XXXXX the same way.

5. Click Change Password.

Once the password XXXXX XXXXX Gmail will no longer be able to collect your aol mail, because it wont have the right password.

SO change the Aol password. and then.. You should start getting your mail at aol again.

If you run into any issues at all, let me know!

To get back to me..

Come back to Justanswer.com

On the top right, click login. use the same email address you used to ask this question.

Once logged in.

On the top right,, click on my questions. And you will see our question listed there.

Simply click our question, and send me a response!

Or, you can find any of my replies in your email, click on it and it will bring you back to Justanswer.com, and this specific question we are working on together!

Please click the green accept button to show I have assisted you.

If you still need assistance, You can reply to this message at any time.
If my answer helped, please make sure to leave positive feedback on the screen that comes up after clicking accept. If my answer did not work, please wait to leave feedback till we get the issue fixed!

Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Worked With The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I want to print the answer to see if it workIt has disappeared