boxfrederick
boxfrederick, Software/Computer Expert
Experience:  Expert in computer technical support/10 yrs exp, Software Engineer 4 yrs exp, Networking 6 yrs exp
43327059

My Yahoo! mail has not worked now for 5 days.

Customer Question

My Yahoo! mail has not worked now for 5 days. I have completed all of the recommended tasks. In addition I have tried to access my account from a different computer, browser, etc. I have downloaded Mozzila Firefox, etc. PLEASE HELP.
Error Message:
We're experiencing some technical difficulties...
We’re sorry, but Yahoo! Mail can't load due to a temporary error. You can try back again shortly, or visit our help pages for ways to troubleshoot the issue.
Try again
Visit Help for troubleshooting instructions
Temporary error: ymws:Server.MailboxOpenFailed
Category: Computer
Expert:  Ansh P. replied 3 years ago.
Tech Specialist :

Hi Welcome to JustAnswer.com I am Tech Specialist and today, I will be trying my best to solve your issue.

Tech Specialist :

Is the same happening from other computers as well?

JACUSTOMER-q9kn1uqa- :

Yes.

Tech Specialist :

Ok Are you using the new version of Yahoo?

JACUSTOMER-q9kn1uqa- :

Yes.

Tech Specialist :

Click on this link: http://us.mc330.mail.yahoo.com/mc/welcome?ymv=0

Tech Specialist :

Check if yahoo works that way

JACUSTOMER-q9kn1uqa- :

Link takes me to error message.

Tech Specialist :

What error?

JACUSTOMER-q9kn1uqa- :

I've contacted Code 2.

Tech Specialist :

Are you using free yahoo mail or yahoo plus?

JACUSTOMER-q9kn1uqa- :

Free

Tech Specialist :

Can you get me the full and exact error again?

JACUSTOMER-q9kn1uqa- :

We're experiencing some technical difficulties... We’re sorry, but Yahoo! Mail can't load due to a temporary error. You can try back again shortly, or visit our help pages for ways to troubleshoot the issue. Try again Visit Help for troubleshooting instructions Temporary error: ymws:Server.MailboxOpenFailed

JACUSTOMER-q9kn1uqa- :

I've contacted them everyday for 5+ days... same issue. I have done everything per the tasks see my original post.

Tech Specialist :

Ya its definitely some issue from their server

JACUSTOMER-q9kn1uqa- :

So, who resolves it?

Tech Specialist :

Click on this link: http://US.mc598.yahoo.mail.com/mc/launch

JACUSTOMER-q9kn1uqa- : Oops! Google Chrome could not find us.mc598.yahoo.mail.com
Tech Specialist :

yahoomail.com

JACUSTOMER-q9kn1uqa- :

Tech Specialist :

Lots of people are facing this actually, you are not the one

Tech Specialist :

I am stunned that it's still same since 5 days

JACUSTOMER-q9kn1uqa- :

Feels like I am the one!

Tech Specialist :

No, I checked Yahoo website

Tech Specialist :

Lots of people are complaining about code 2

Tech Specialist :

See this: click here

JACUSTOMER-q9kn1uqa- :

Issue started with Yahoo! when I upgraded to new Yahoo!. I usually upgraded or use the Beta... this was a HUGE error this go. Compose mail funciton defaults to Greek, have to turn off rich text to type in English...

Tech Specialist :

ok try this

JACUSTOMER-q9kn1uqa- :

I've Googled these links 20+ times... issue was in SF, and Canada, but not enough to register as a service loss...

Tech Specialist :

first go to yahoo.com and log out of yahoo

JACUSTOMER-q9kn1uqa- :

Done.

JACUSTOMER-q9kn1uqa- :

I've also closed out the other browser and all tabs.

Tech Specialist :

go to this link: http://us.m.yahoo.com/

JACUSTOMER-q9kn1uqa- :

Okay.

JACUSTOMER-q9kn1uqa- :

Up.

Tech Specialist :

scroll down and click sign in

Tech Specialist :

sign in

Tech Specialist :

and click on mail in the upper right corner

JACUSTOMER-q9kn1uqa- :

Done.

Tech Specialist :

are you in mail now?

JACUSTOMER-q9kn1uqa- :

Error encountered processing your last request!

We have run into a problem processing your last request!

Refreshing the page may fix the problem, or use the link below to return to your Inbox.

Tech Specialist :

ok try it

JACUSTOMER-q9kn1uqa- :

Same outcome... click link, error, refresh, error.

Tech Specialist :

Which browser are you using now?

JACUSTOMER-q9kn1uqa- :

Chrome.

Tech Specialist :

Try with firefox

JACUSTOMER-q9kn1uqa- :

Same issues from new Mozilla...

Tech Specialist :

What issues?

Tech Specialist :

have you used the above method?

JACUSTOMER-q9kn1uqa- :

JACUSTOMER-q9kn1uqa- :

Same outcome...

JACUSTOMER-q9kn1uqa- :

That is the error message I just tried on Mozilla.

Tech Specialist :

log out clear the cache and retry

Tech Specialist :

from firefox

JACUSTOMER-q9kn1uqa- :

Same error message.

JACUSTOMER-q9kn1uqa- :

Same error message.

JACUSTOMER-q9kn1uqa- :

Closed browser.

JACUSTOMER-q9kn1uqa- :

Opened and cleared history, cache, passwords, etc.

JACUSTOMER-q9kn1uqa- :

Logged in from bottom of screen.

JACUSTOMER-q9kn1uqa- :

Clicked mail button in top right corner.

Tech Specialist :

It's definitely a server issue

Tech Specialist :

I am out of options but I will try to look for some more

JACUSTOMER-q9kn1uqa- :

Okay, so are we done? Do you contact me again? Please advise.

Tech Specialist :

Yes

JACUSTOMER-q9kn1uqa- :

To the latter or the former? Do I log back in here somehow? Do you post a response to my gmail account?

JACUSTOMER-q9kn1uqa- :

I see a save and exit button, this saves our session?

Tech Specialist :

Yes have you registered gmail while asking this question?

JACUSTOMER-q9kn1uqa- :

I believe so.

Tech Specialist :

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Can you provide me with any contact to Yahoo! mail that I may not be able to uncover on the Yahoo! mail site to assist in resolving my mail issue? I have had the account for better than 10+ years but am contemplating deleting the account after more than a week service issues.
Expert:  boxfrederick replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am here to assist you.

Here are the numbers I got on file for yahoo support:
1.866.562.72191.408-349-3301,(###) ###-#### *****(###) ###-####br/>
Just to let you know you may have a difficult time working with them on the phone as they are aware of this problem and your account is free so they really are not the concerned with its well being. It seems as if they had some difficulty moving your info into the new system. Otherwise your mailbox got corrupted on there server and they may be having difficulty recovering your mail, or there server where your info was stored ran into some bad problems. I say this because you couldnt even get in your mailbox from the mobile link of yahoo that the previous expert gave you.

So in short he was right its a server issue and you may have a lost email account. Contact them and also send a report to this link so there aware of your problem and may fix it(Fingers crossed).

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/edit/general-01.html

Under additional information is where you want to put all the info about this problem. Put the links to this question by giving them this link. Also let them now you have tried to switch to classic and even tried to log into the mobile version and no matter what you cant get to your inbox even though it will let you log in.

Also they are having a big issue with this at the moment so contact them and leave a help report so atleast your in the system.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have filed the reports on the links, now five times, I get the same canned answer over and over again. I do appreciate your assistance as well as the previous techs assistance.

Please advise and thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Everything refers you back to the web. Even attempted to purchase Yahoo! premium service, which they are happy to charge me for then...send me back to the help pages on the web.
That happens when yahoo support changes the links for there pages, it reverts you back to there help pages. As long as other non yahoo pages work fine you should be good.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Unable to provide solution.
Yes true. Here is how you proove to them that it is them and not you. Create a new yahoo email free account. Just go to yahoo.com while logged out of yahoo and then select the option to create a new account. Set it up and then log into the new account. If you logged in fine then it is not your computer, plus if you can log into yahoo with others accounts it is there server causing the issue.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I've already done this. I set up a new account last week as well as logged in using a realtives password ***** account from my computer, a computer on a different network and browser, logged out, then came back to my computer and logged in. This is most definetely not an issue on my end.
Yes I am aware of this. I was saying you need to submit all this information to yahoo so they can continue to work on it. They will ignore you thinking its your problem until you explain to them (in the additional inforamtion field of that form) you have done everything on your end and that the yahoo allows you to sign in to everyone elses account and yours just wont let you view your mail as if your mailbox has something wrong with it on the server. Let them now you have paid for assistance and all techs have told you one thing, its on yahoo servers end that your mailbox is not working.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I copied and pasted the entire conversation with screen shots yesterday. I am in line with your thinking, after now what will be 6 days I believe I have exhausted every avenue. I will let me account lay dormant for another week then delete it.... lessoned learned on customer service from Yahoo! and not pushing my email to a back up account!

Thank you for your attempt at assisting me.
No problem let me know how that goes for you. Thank you