Josh, Support Specialist
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

Why wont Facebook send me a confirmation code so that I can

Why won't Facebook send me a confirmation code so that I can access my own account? My password XXXXX longer works.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Josh replied 3 years ago.

Did you setup a cell phone on the account?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No. My facebook account is on my home computer only. I haven't been able to access my own account since December 2010.
Expert:  Josh replied 3 years ago.
Are you sure your account is still active?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes, positive. My friends still post pictures to my account. I can view my account through others, but I cannot access my own account,
Expert:  Josh replied 3 years ago.
OK great!

Click here:

http://www.facebook.com/hacked

Click on "My account is compromised"

Enter your email address to find your account; Click on Search

Your account information will appear; Click on 'I don't know the password'

Click on ' I no longer have access to these'

Enter a different email address then the one on the account. If you do not have another one then please create one with Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I want to get into my own original account. I have followed all of FB instructions for the past nine months to get a new password. I have been waiting for a confirmation code that never comes. I don't want to start a new FB account (with a different email address). I want to get into my own original account.
Expert:  Josh replied 3 years ago.
I never said to create a new account.

The steps I listed above are to get into your old account. Here they are again...

Click here:

http://www.facebook.com/hacked

Click on "My account is compromised"

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Why do I need to enter a different email address anyway? Also, w

ill you stay active on this question until I try what you say? And then can I get back with you if it still doesn't get resolved?

Expert:  Josh replied 3 years ago.

Entering a different email address will send a different set of instructions to resolve your issue then a simple password XXXXX link.

You can press CTRL+D to save this page as a favorite so you can return at anytime
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I'm going to follow your instructions and return soon.
Expert:  Josh replied 3 years ago.
OK sounds great.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I went into the facebook.com/hacked thing, but there was not a choice for entering my email address and then search. They (once again) wanted to know my password. My picture comes up, and they want to know if that's me. I say yes, and they want to know my password. (back to square one?)

Expert:  Josh replied 3 years ago.
HI,

You need to follow my steps carefully.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
okay.
Expert:  Josh replied 3 years ago.
Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
They had me pick three friends from my list for whom they will send security codes. That may take a while. I guess there are further instructions after that. Do you know how long that might take?
Expert:  Josh replied 3 years ago.
It depends on how long it takes to get the codes from your 3 friends
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Okay, are you sure this is going to work? Have you done this before?
Expert:  Josh replied 3 years ago.
I have helped hundreds of customers complete this step and it has worked for almost everyone. The few it did not work for had an issue getting the codes
Josh, Support Specialist
Experience: 5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Three months later, and I still have not been able to access my own facebook account. Would you be willing to let me know the steps to do this again? I've been very busy and this has been frustrating. I did follow through with all the instructions given to me in September, but I was never able to log on. Thanks.

Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
Please note the steps below are NOT for a password reset. Please be sure to read the notices in BOLD.

First, you must SIGN OUT of any Facebook account on your computer.

As a test if you click here ---> http://www.facebook.com You should see a log in screen. If you are brought to a homepage and signed in then you MUST sign out/log out of the account before proceeding to the next steps.

Click here ----> http://www.facebook.com/hacked

Click on "My account is compromised"

Click on ' I no longer have access to these' (You MUST click on ‘I no longer have access to these' even if you still have access to your current email address associated with Facebook)

On the next page you will need to enter an email address that is NOT associated with your Facebook account. If you do not have another email address then you will need to create a free email account.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Lots of problems with this. FB does not want to believe me when I deny that account (with my picture and all). Are you saying that I should deny this is my account? If I don't, they will just go back to the same old same old saying that they will send a confirmation code. Then when I enter my gmail account information, all of a sudden gmail is thinking that I need to get a new password with them! Sorry, but I'm totally confused. Have you done this lately? I think maybe some things have changed. There is no mention of anyone wanting me to get new security codes from three fb friends anymore.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.