Anthony Brewster
Anthony Brewster, Consultant
Experience:  MICROSOFT PC SAFETY, WINDOWS LIVE ONECARE, WINDOWS GENUINE, & I.T. SPECIALIST
16299369

HP Pavilion dm4-1165dx wont respond to switch to turn on.

HP Pavilion dm4-1165dx won't respond to switch to turn on. We were using it without being plugged in. Battery may have run down. We plugged it in. Nothing. Tried the esc key; tried pushing the on-off switch; tried holding down the on-off switch for 10 seconds or more. The light on the on-off switch would not go out, but nothing else (screen, fan, nada). Next, I unplugged the AC adapter & took out the battery for several seconds. When I reinstalled the battery & plugged it back in, the light came on next to the AC adapter plug-in port - getting electricity - but nothing else; not even the light on the on-off switch. Now it's condition is grave, but stable. Help!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Anthony Brewster replied 5 years ago.
Hello, how old is this laptop?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
less than a year

Great! This is what you need to do...

1) Remove the AC Adapter

2) Remove the Battery

3) Press and Hold Down the Power Button/Switch for 1 minute EXACTLY

4) Wait 5 minutes to pass

5) Plug in the AC Adapter ONLY

6) Turn on the Laptop

If it comes back on, please shut it down normally, and insert your battery and turn it back on and all should be good. If not, while you have not had this for over 1yr, please call the HP Tech Support and have them to replace your Motherboard as it appears to be dead.

HP Support: 1-800-474-6836

Drivers/Software

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=4308943&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us

Manuals

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/manualCategory?cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&lc=en&product=4308943&

BEST OF LUCK!
GOD BLESS!

:)