Josh, Support Specialist
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

my EBAY asks me for a 6 digit security code and I dont know

my EBAY asks me for a 6 digit security code and I don't know it and don't know how to let EBAY know that I don't know it and cannot access my EBAY.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.

You can still sign in to your eBay account if you have lost, damaged, or temporarily misplaced your Security Key. However, before you are able to sign in, we will phone you on one of the numbers you have registered to your account, in order to verify your identity. Then you will be able to sign in.

After you sign in, you can disable security if you wish

Can I deactivate my Security Key?
Yes. After you have activated your Security Key, you can your manage your Security Key from My eBay. You will see an additional section on the page that allows you to deactivate or reactivate your Security Key.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry.... they give me a 4 digit number when I need a 6 digit number.... what do I do with the 4 digit number????
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What do I do with the 4 digit number that they phone to me???
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
Are you able to sign into your account?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Josh... how many numbers do they send to you on the phone??? "4"

what do I do with those 4 numbers??
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.

Are you able to sign into your account?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Josh.... I cannot sign in without the security code.... when I let EBAY know that I don't have the security code, they phone me a 4 digit number.... I try the 4 digit number and it says it needs a 6 digit number.... no, I cannot and have not been able to sign into my account ever since they put in this security code... Now, what do I do with the 4 digit number they phone to me? There's a little attitude in this question.
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.

I understand your frustration

Please call this number and let them know of your issue

1-866-540-3229
Josh, Support Specialist
Experience: 5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support