Travis B.
Travis B., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  7+ years of experience in troubleshooting computer problems. A+ Computer Maintenance and Repair
16569391

I have a Netgear wireless router and want to add another device

I have a Netgear wireless router and want to add another device to my local net but
I can't find the window that has the encrypted passwords. Where do I find this information?
XXXXX XXXXX [email protected]

Travis B. :

Hello William,

are you looking for the wireless security settings

Customer:

I'm looking for the information window that contains the original unencrypted password XXXXX entered and the 4 encrypted passwords generated by the application.

Travis B. :

Alright, for the wireless ?

Or like Login password XXXXX the router?

Customer:

Wireless. I'm trying to add another device to the net.

Travis B. :

Alright, one moment.

Travis B. :
  • On the Network Settings page, select Edit Settings.

• On the Edit Settings page, select your wireless settings on the Basic Settings tab.

• On the Select Wireless Network page, select your wireless network.

• On the WEP Network page, type your wireless network key, and then click Done.

• Customer:

I'm a novice, where is the Network settings page? ;-)

Travis B. :

I am sorry, lol thought you were there, let me grab those steps for you alright :)

Here you go:

these are step for just accessing the router page http://www.ehow.com/how_5032243_change-settings-netgear-wireless-router.html

Once in follow the steps I first gave you.

You are welcome! Glad I could be of assistance, If you need anymore help please ask, otherwise have a good night and god bless! Smile Please accept so I can be compensated for my time/work, also feedback is highly appreciated!

Travis B.

Travis B. :

Did that work for you?

Here you go:

• The wireless network key is simply the password XXXXX your wireless network. If you do not remember your wireless network password, please see the following article:
    Forgotten or Lost Password XXXXX Wireless Networks and Devices

•  

Travis B.