Jerry Hannell
Jerry Hannell, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Experience in Windows environment. ASP, Visual Basic, Ajax
14934061

How can I import a mov file into Pinnacle Studio 14 I get

Customer Question

How can I import a mov file into Pinnacle Studio 14? I get error message "File format not supported." It's on a Kodak Camera. The Flip HD Camerfa works fine because they are MP4 files. Is there a good file converter you can recommend, if there isn't another workaround?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jerry Hannell replied 3 years ago.

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

hello sir/madam, i would like to help you, please let me know when you are ready.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert. You will also receive an email when your question is updated. If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am sorry for a couple layers of misunderstanding. I'll explain: First, I went to online help on Pinnacle Studio and thought I was on Chat there. Is Pinnacle Studio even in business still. What is there connection to Avid? I know that is more questions and I am not expecting you to devote rmore time - jsut explaining my process of deciding whether to pay $29 or not.

When I saw just answer come up, I thought - How did that hapen, but being familiar with that a little, I thought it mught be worth a try. What the dialog boxes (well, they weren't dialog boxes, rather informatin boxes) said was that there was someone waiting, and usecd the word "appointment," which my 8 year old son, who with me was trying to get teh nuoisance solved.

Anyway, continuning...

I asked the question (connected to high Speed internet, which is only recent for us) and obeying the instructions, ( I thought) waited for quite a while. Nothign happened other than very slow progress bar on IE. Then even it stopped. I hi "back" and got a "server error" message, to me indicatingf something went awry with Justanswer's server. (To be precise, I waited between 5 and 10 minutes for an answer or response, which I thought was forthcoming, but wasn't (other than by e-mail which I was NOT expecting)

OK. I tried Just Answer, no avail, went to Google and downloaded AVS video converter, with which I am familiar, but was hoping for some other easier workaround, within Pinnacle hopefully.

I AM NOT TRYing to stiff you out of a fee. I thought the $29 was quite high, but with the satisfaction guartanteed which Justanswer stressecd, thought I'd risk it.

What did I not understand abotu the process, inclusing the coming up of Justanswer directly inito Pinnacle's Online Help Hyperlink?

Sorry to be so long, but this was frustrating, and I am trying to avoid such in future, asuming mos tof it was my responsibility.

Thank yoi very much, ]

Larry Lewis

Nordman Idaho

hi,

to be able to insert a mov , you need to have the right codecs. did you install KLITE codec pack ?