Travis B.
Travis B., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  7+ years of experience in troubleshooting computer problems. A+ Computer Maintenance and Repair
16569391

I bought vizio tablet and my password XXXXX I entered will

Customer Question

I bought vizio tablet and my password XXXXX I entered will not unlock the tablet. What can be done to correct the problem?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Travis B. replied 5 years ago.

Travis B. :

Did you buy it like this..or is this a password that you put on it?

JACUSTOMER-0m5wnrn4- :

password i entered

Travis B. :

alright, so this is a pattern ?

JACUSTOMER-0m5wnrn4- :

yes

Travis B. :

Alright, one moment.

Travis B. :

If you Have "USB Debugging" turned on you can Use ADB (Android Debug Bridge) to unlock it. download the Android SDK(HERE) and install it. you'll also need the USB Drivers(HERE)

1. Plug the tablet into the computer via USB and turn it on/boot it up.
2. Open a Command prompt(Start - RUN -type CMD in the run Box)In the dos box change directories to your Android SDK /tools/ folder.
3. Enter ADB commands. in the dos box type "adb.exe"

This will let you know if ADB can talk to the tablet. If you don't get any devices reported back check the USB cable, drivers.
If device found Type:

adb -d shell
# sqlite3 data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db
sqlite> update system set value=0 where name='lock_pattern_autolock';
sqlite> .exit
# exit
adb reboot

it should now boot WITHOUT the lock pattern.

If that doesn't work you would have to re-flash the unit.

Your welcome!
Glad I could be of assistance, If you need any more help please ask, otherwise have a good night and god bless! Smile Please accept so I can be compensated for my time/work also feedback is highly appreciated!

Travis B.
Expert:  Travis B. replied 5 years ago.

If device found Type:

adb -d shell
sqlite> .exit
# exit
adb reboot

Your welcome!
Glad I could be of assistance, If you need any more help please ask, otherwise have a good night and god bless!

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
Please accept so I can be compensated for my time/work also feedback is highly appreciated!

Travis B.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

the information YOU provided is useless u send me a link to some forums and we have no idea what to download. for fifty dollars u should come to my house and fix it yourself! RIPOFF!

Expert:  Travis B. replied 5 years ago.

I am sorry you have asked to have the password removed...also we can only communicate through here..those steps I have advised are the solution to your problem.

Also Yes I did provide a link so you can download the accurate software for regaining access to the Tablet.

Travis B.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
WHAT SOFTWARE DO I DOWNLOAD ??? IVE READ EVERYTHING I NEED STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS BOTH LINKS GO TO THE SAME PAGE ON THAT FORUM SO YOU TELL ME WHAT DO I NEED TO DOWNLOAD FROM THIS PAGE THATS WHY IM PAYING YOU TO HELP ME OUT A LITTLE MORE
Expert:  Travis B. replied 5 years ago.
This is my original response:

If you Have "USB Debugging" turned on you can Use ADB (Android Debug Bridge) to unlock it. download the ANDROID SDK(HERE) and install it. you'll also need the USB Drivers(HERE)

If device found Type:

adb -d shell
sqlite> .exit
# exit
adb reboot

Your welcome! Glad I could be of assistance, If you need any more help please ask, otherwise have a good night and god bless!

Register Here

Travis B.