Molinari
Molinari, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified IT Guru since C-64 and Amiga, expert at grey areas....
16561526

how do I create an email aliases from my aol email account

Customer Question

how do I create an email aliases from my aol email account?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Molinari replied 5 years ago.
Hi, thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

Try this:

You can add up to as many as six additional screen names to your AOL Basic Dial-Up account, in addition to the primary master screen name you created when you first open your AOL Basic account. An AOL screen name is simply an AOL email address without the AOL domain name extension. It's the user name portion of your AOL email address. For example, in the mock email address, "[email protected]," "RustyToeBen" is both the user name and screen name portion of your AOL email address. Every AOL screen name also doubles as the user name of an AOL email address.

Instructions

Things You'll Need:

• AOL Master screen name and password
  • Answer to the AOL master screen name's security question
  1. Go to the AOL Manage My Account webpage Sign into your AOL dial-up account using the account's master screen name. The master screen name is the first screen name you created when you opened your AOL Basic dial-up account initially. Provide the answer to the security question, and then click "Continue." Click the "Manage My Screen Names" link in the Screen Names section of your account overview.

2. Type the user name you would like your new AOL email address to have in the "New Screen Name" field box. Click the "Add" button. If the screen name you have chosen is not available you will be prompted to select another. You may click "suggest a screen name" to receive a list of available screen names similar to the one you originally requested.

3. Select a category for your screen name. "General" screen names have all access to AOL products and services. The "Mature Teen" category has access to most AOL products and services, but the master screen name may monitor their chats, and the AOL browser filters violent or explicitly adult websites. With the "Young Teens" category email and instant messaging privileges are limited, the master screen name may monitor chats, and the AOL browser filters mature and violent websites. With the "Kid's Only" category only instant messages from approved screen names can be received, the master screen name may monitor chats and the AOL browser filters known inappropriate content. Click "Continue."

4. Review the terms of service (if you selected the "Mature Teen," "Young Teens," or "Kids Only" category) and then check the box next to "I accept these terms." If you would like to receive AOL activity reports on the screen name you're creating, select "Yes" in the Turn on AOL Activity Report section. Click "Continue."

5. Type the password you want for the new email address in the "New Password" and "Confirm Password" field boxes. Click "Continue." Select and answer a security question. Click "Continue." You will receive a confirmation message verifying the creation of your new AOL screen name / email address.

Let me know if you run into any trouble...