Justin
Justin, Network Administrator/Not Limited
Experience:  Network Specialist Degree, A+/Net+ Certs, 10 years Contract IT/Network Administration
2888018

HOW CAN i TURN OFF INTERNET EXPORER TO DOWNLOAD ADOBE FLASH

Customer Question

HOW CAN i TURN OFF INTERNET EXPORER TO DOWNLOAD

ADOBE

FLASH pLAYER AS REQUESTED BY THE PROGRAM?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Justin replied 5 years ago.
I'm assuming flash player is saying "please close internet explorer to complete installation"

And you've probably done this but it won't close, happens sometimes.

There's a couple ways to do this. You're going to have to close this page as well though.

At the bottom of your computer (the task bar), right click it, and click Task Manager. Click the Processes tab. Sort it by name by hitting "name at the top". Look for EACH instance of iexplorer.exe left click it, and click End Task. Do not do it to Explorer.exe just iexplorer.exe

Continue this for every instance of it (there will be multiple). Leave the flash player installation open, after all internet explorer windows have closed it will install.

Alternatively, you can download flash player here:

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Save it to your desktop. Restart your computer. Immediately following the restart, BEFORE opening Internet Explorer, run the file.

To return to me (if you have to restart), go to www.justanswer.com and click My Questions at the top right.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the ACCEPT button. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work; I receive no credit for my time with you until you actually press ACCEPT. If you still need to clarify something or seek more information, just use the REPLY button and I’d be more than happy to follow up to your satisfaction! There is no fee for follow up questions before or after accepting, should you wish to continue in the thread, and I encourage you to do so should you desire clarification.