Frederick S., Computer Specialist
Experience:  Computer technician and founder of a home PC repair company.
33925084

How can I unblock my Yahoo email account that has been blocked

Customer Question

How can I unblock my Yahoo email account that has been blocked for five days.
The system no longer recognizes my email address or password XXXXX does it recognize
the town my mother was born in? I feel like somone has gone into my email account and
blocked me from having access it to it including my ability to change my password.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Frederick S. replied 3 years ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Frederick and I look forward to assisting you with this and providing you with the information you need.

Please read the following steps and information – it will likely answer most, if not all, of your questions.

You can call 866-562-7219 and press option 2, but it's advisable to try the steps below first since hold times can take up to and beyond 1 hour.

OPTION ONE:

Please go to the following page to attempt to reset your password:

http://edit.yahoo.com/forgotroot

(If your security questions may have been recently changed, please pick “My account may have been compromised”, you may see a ‘This is not my question’ link underneath each question.)

If you are successful with that process, you can go ahead and skip the rest of the steps…

OPTION TWO:

(Important – if you have another account with Yahoo, please sign out of that account before trying to complete the form below.)

Otherwise, if it is not successful, please follow the instructions below as a ‘last resort’ account recovery:

Please go to this page:

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/edit/general-01.html

That recovery form was created so that people who cannot access their alternate email or answer their security question(s).

You'll need to have an alternate email account set up so that they may contact you. You can get a free account from www.Gmail.com for this.

Place your alternate email address under the “What is the email address where we can contact you?” section.

It will take 2-7 business days for someone from Yahoo to get back to you.

Thank you.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the ACCEPT button. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work; I receive no credit for my time with you until you actually press ACCEPT. If you still need to clarify something or seek more information, just use the REPLY button and I’d be more than happy to follow up to your satisfaction! There is no fee for follow up questions before or after accepting, should you wish to continue in the thread, and I encourage you to do so should you desire clarification.

Sincerely,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Like I stated before, I have already tried option one but with no success. I tried option two but I didn't see anything on there that would help me or that i haven't tried already. I also did not see anything on that page where I could ask anyone anything pertaining to my problem. Thanks for trying.

Sorry to hear that. Feel free to ask more questions or click Accept at this time - thanks!

FS
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
So, are you saying that there's nothing that I can do to unblock my email address?
I've heard customers have success with that form (option two). They just have to be patient since I've heard response times can take up to a week or more at the alternate email address you enter at the end of the form.

You can also try calling Yahoo at 866-562-7219 and press option 2.

Sincerely,