Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  Computer Science Engineer with 10 years of experience in Computer Support, and Microsoft, A+ and Cisco certified

My fax machine wont work. i cant send or receive faxes.

My fax machine won't work. i can't send or receive faxes. It is on a dedicated line with my computer. My computer works, the fax doesn't. I have hooked up a phone to the phone line at the line going into the fax port and it is dead.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I enjoy solving computer, printer and networking issues, so I will be very happy and will do my best to help you.

OK, if you connect a regular home phone directly to the fax line wall jack, does it work? Please click the "Reply to expert" button below to let me know.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No , it does not work
Please remember I do not receive a salary from this company. I am an independent Computer Science Engineer with more than 10 years of experience working with Computers, Printers and Faxes, and now working here. The only way for me to be compensated for my time is when the customer (You) click the Accept button when satisfied. Thank you for your help and understanding.

OK, if a regular phone doesn't work either, then the issue has nothing to do with your fax machine. This is a line issue and must be checked from the phone company on-site.

Please call the phone provider and make a claim as soon as possible.

If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid, that's the only way for me to be compensated for my time (Even if you have a subscription or trial plan with us I need you to click Accept for me to be paid from JustAnswer. And even if you have a regular account and see the holding charge in your credit / debit / or PayPal account, I need you to click Accept for the money to be released to me)

Thank you

John Cappucci