Justin, Network Administrator/Not Limited
Experience:  Network Specialist Degree, A+/Net+ Certs, 10 years Contract IT/Network Administration

Why wont my keyboard work properly when in gmail It works

Why won't my keyboard work properly when in gmail? It works great in any other application?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Justin replied 5 years ago.
Can you describe the symptoms to the best of your abilities.

I know there are known bugs with the keyboard (having to press keys twice, page not scrolling etc) that google is working on, but it'd help if you could be more specific.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
When typing the letters don't always appear and the space bar doesn't always respond either. I always need to backspace to get the letter to appear and then I'll get several of the letter on screen. The keyboard works great when in any application besides gmail.
Expert:  Justin replied 5 years ago.
Yeah sounds like the a bug in the new interface.

As a temporary work around until gmail addresses it you have two options.

1) Try a different browser. For example, if you're using Internet Explorer, try firefox Its faster, more secure, and rarely has these types of quirks.

2) You can switch to gmail lite/classic. To access the slimmed down gmail use this link:

Then add it to your bookmarks.

Chances are the keyboard issue should resolve in a few weeks, it comes and goes.

If you'd like to report it as a bug to google, do so here:

They may address your account specifically as its only a select few that suffer the issue.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
This is not a new problem it has been consistant on my desk top---I do not have this problem on my lap top. I don't mind paying if I can get this problem resolved---But I do not want to subscribe to a monthly charge of any kind. I'll pay for each problem as they occur.
Expert:  Justin replied 5 years ago.
Understood, just don't sign on to the subscription.

I have to highly recommend you try firefox then.

Log into your gmail using it, and see if the symptoms remain.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
So then, will be charged a one time fee of $38.00? The options that pop up list monthly fees, which I do not agree to.
Expert:  Justin replied 5 years ago.
That is correct, so long as you don't join the subscription, I can also have a moderator contact you to confirm you are not on subscription (which I will do).