Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

How do I remove black highlighting from Word text that I highlighted,

How do I remove black highlighting from Word text that I highlighted, copied and pasted to another secion of a document?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Hi, and thanks for using JustAnswer.

Add this page to your Favorites/Bookmarks first, so as to get back to me anytime later on, if needed.

Just to clarify, does the highlighted text show up in white instead of in black? Also, are you using Word 2003/2007/2010?

Regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The text is covered with black, not white, barely visible. I use Office 2002
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay, does this include any text you type in, or only for the text you copy-pasted?

Regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Only the text I had highlighted for copying a pasting remains in the black., and if I add to that text , the words are still obscured by the black. I cantype new words in the arear outside the black, and the text is normal, not black.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay, are you using Windows XP/Vista/7?

Regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Windows XP. (The file in question was one I converted from a pdf format. After conversion, I opened the newly ceated Word file and began editing it.) cb
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
I see, that might be the issue here. Now, please copy ALL of the text in the converted file, then go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad, then paste the copied text there first. Done that, open up a new Word document, then copy ALL of the text from Notepad this time, and paste it in the Word document.

Does this work for you?

Regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The problem with that is, the text with the black backgroundin places is the only Word file I have o f the pdf file. I have to get the black out in order to save a clean copy. So this won't work for me. I have made o many corrections/revisions in the save file I'm working on to lose it, which is what I would do if I converted angain from pdf. Understand?
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
My apologies for the slight delay in follow up. Now, no problem - you may just copy the text from the Word document you are working on, to Notepad, then copy it over to a new Word document. Keep me posted.

Regards