Anthony Brewster
Anthony Brewster, Consultant
Experience:  MICROSOFT PC SAFETY, WINDOWS LIVE ONECARE, WINDOWS GENUINE, & I.T. SPECIALIST
16299369

I can not add new contacts to my yahoo messenger

Customer Question

Category: Computer
Expert:  Anthony Brewster replied 5 years ago.
Hello, are you using the new verion of Yahoo Messenger? The final copy of YM 11 that got relased not long ago (instead of the beta)... ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I honestly do not know which one I had downloaded, I deleited it a short time ago, and downloaded messenger 11, and it is doing the same thing. I still can not add new contacts. I have no problem with giving you a credit card no if we can fix it

Can you give me more info as to why you can so I can understand... ?

Example: On yahoo messenger 11( I also use this)....

1) You open YM

2) You click Contacts

3) You click Add A Contact

After this you get a box asking for the user name or there email address right? If yes, what happens if you try to add them here? Does it say it does, does it give an error message/code?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes I do all of that I open the IM, I click on add contacts and fill it in like this one I tryed to add [email protected], and it tryes to add them bt after about 30 seconds it says to check my contact list it may have been added but it is not. I have the same problem with people inviting me, I click next next and next and the same thing happens it will not add them

Thanks! Let me do some research on this and get back to you.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thankyou, like I said i will pay for it, you can take control of my computer whatever it takes thanks Ronney

Your Welcome! I just came across this page from yahoo on a fix that should work this issue out for you but we will only know after you try this. I will continue to research this issue while you try these steps below for a "workaround" ...

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN58&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1314846421376&locale=en_US&y=PROD_MSNG

GOOD LUCK!

If you use another computer, do you face the same problem or it only on the 1 computer?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hello I am sorry but it did not work what now
Sorry, if you use another computer, do you face the same problem or it only on the 1 computer?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I do not know this is the only one I have, and I am very newto computers

I see. I just went through everything on yahoo messenger for its settings and there is nothing that you could check/uncheck to make a difference.

One thing I would suggest (but needs your approval) is to sign up for a new yahoo id. I remember one time I signed up and had an issue (sort of like this one) but not exactly and I just deleted it and made a new one and everything was fine.

Sometimes when people abuse the rights of yahoo's policy they strict the id and etc and who ever uses that id normally gets stuck with those same restrictions. This is not the case in every case such as the issue you have here.

So if it is ok with you, sign up for a new yahoo id (even for temporary use) to see if the same thing happens, or it works like it should. If it works like it should then you know there is something wrong with your old id, but if it does not, then there is something wrong with your computer.

New ID - http://new.mail.yahoo.com/addresses

Delete Old ID - http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/my/registration/edit-130.html

Thank You!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
OK I will try it right now thanks

Your Welcome! I'll will be here so just keep me posted and take your time.

:)