Travis B.
Travis B., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  7+ years of experience in troubleshooting computer problems. A+ Computer Maintenance and Repair
16569391

I have got locked out of my toshiba laptop and know the password

Customer Question

I have got locked out of my toshiba laptop and know the password XXXXX for some reason I am typing it in incorrectly and dont have the rest disk can someone help me how to get back in I am the administrator but am logged in as a guest
Category: Computer
Expert:  Travis B. replied 5 years ago.

Travis B. :

Hello Shelly,

JACUSTOMER-17alsm26- :

Hi Travis

Travis B. :

What operating system is this?

JACUSTOMER-17alsm26- :

Tonight I went in and changed my password to my laptop and know I cant log in I may be typing the password incorrectly can you help me I do not have a rest disk I have a Toshiba

Travis B. :

Is this Window's XP, Vista, or Window's 7?

JACUSTOMER-17alsm26- :

Its a Vista

JACUSTOMER-17alsm26- :

I am in under my husbands on the Tosiba guest user account

Travis B. :

Alright, I have personally used this program:

http://www.petri.co.il/forgot_administrator_password.htm

Its a free download utility, that you burn to a cd, and then put it in upon starting the computer and it will allow you to regain access to wipe the password and start fresh.

If for any reason that doesn't work, you can do the following:

Please try this:

http://loginrecovery.com/

If you still cannot get into your computer, I would advise to reinstall Windows Vista(if you don't have the reinstall or window's vista discs you can contact the manufacturer of your computer for them), you do get the option during the install to save your current files, sometimes it doesn't work 100% though. So if you have files on your computer that are not not easy to get back(irreplaceable), I would advise to take the hard drive out, take it to a Data Recovery Center(most local computer shops can also, get your data off the hard drive) Then get a new hard drive and install windows.

Glad I could be of assistance, If you need anymore help please ask, otherwise have a good night and god bless! Smile Please accept so I can be compensated for my time/work, also feedback is highly appreciated!

Travis B.

Expert:  Travis B. replied 5 years ago.

Please try this:

http://loginrecovery.com/

Glad I could be of assistance, If you need anymore help please ask, otherwise have a good night and god bless!

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
Please accept so I can be compensated for my time/work, also feedback is highly appreciated!

Travis B.