Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

How to reset galaxy tab password

I've forgotten my password ***** to my Galaxy tab, how can I reset?

Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer.com

If the reset password ***** isn’t working and you can’t remember it, then you only have one choice. You have to do a factory reset on the tab. This wipes out all your pictures, and apps.

Here is how to do one.

With the device off, press and hold Volume Up and Power.
2. Release the Power button when you see the Samsung logo (about 3 seconds), but continue to hold Volume Up until the recovery screen appears.
3. Use the Volume buttons to navigate the menu and select wipe data / factory reset. Press Power to continue.
The Galaxy Tab should then go through the hard reset process (formatting user data).
4. When formatting completed, navigate to select Reboot system and press Power.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab is new again.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I've tried this and nothing has happened? The screen cam on then once I released the power button, I've held the volume button for over a minute but no other screen has come up.

Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.

You have to start with the Galaxy tab turned off.

2. Release the Power button when you see the Samsung logo, but continue to hold Volume Up until the recovery screen appears.

3. Use the Volume buttons to navigate the menu and select wipe data / factory reset. Press Home to choose the selection!

4. Press Volume Up continues.

The Galaxy Tab should then go through the hard reset process.

If you have access to the OS, you can also perform a hard reset in Settings.

1. Open the Settings

2. Select Privacy.

3. Choose Factory data reset.

Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This still didn't work; I'm going to take it back to the shop tomorrow