Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.

my computer chirps every 30 sec (appox). Does this for hour

my computer chirps every 30 sec (appox). Does this for hour or so ,quits for a while then starts again
Hi, and thanks for using

Please try this: turn off your computer. Then turn it on, and right after the black screen with white text or the computer company logo disappears, press & release key F8 repeatedly until a menu appears, then you select Safe Mode with Networking (note: if there is no menu, then try the same steps again, but this time, press key F8 a bit earlier). Then login and click Start->all programs->accessories->system tools->system restore and restore the computer to any date before this issue has occurred.

Next, please go to Safe Mode with Networking again, then click below and click on Download Now, to download and install the Malwarebytes Anti-malware software. Then scan your computer:

If needed, click Start, then click on Run, then type msconfig and press Enter. Then click on the Startup tab and uncheck all the boxes, except your antivirus/security program. Then click OK, and restart the computer and check.

Please let me know if there is still any issue later. Thank you.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
did t6hat but no help. Is there a battery pack anywhere in this cpu?
If you mute/turn off the volume/speakers, does it still chirp? What is the brand and model of the computer? Is it a desktop or laptop?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes it still chirps. I even unpluged the computer from the wall (power off) and it still chirps.Is there a battery for the clock in this computer? Dell XPS 430 desktop
Yes, please remove the CMOS battery for about 5 minutes and check:

1. Follow the procedures in Before You Begin.

2. If you have installed a security cable, remove it from the security cable slot.

NOTICE: Ensure that you are working on a level, protected surface to avoid scratching either the computer or the surface on which it is resting.
  1. Lay your computer on its side with the computer cover facing up.

2. Pull back the cover release latch on the top panel.

cover release latch

computer cover

hinge tabs (3)

1. Grip the sides of the computer cover and pivot the cover up.

2. Lift the cover away and set it aside in a secure location.