IHDTechie, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  3 Years Help Desk at 3rd largest telco in the US

I use Windows 7 and have ( as my email

I use Windows 7 and have ( as my email service. When I go into email, I have no trouble sending and receiving email. But if I try to send an email from a website that gives an email link - I get an error message when I try to send an email. It says something like I can't send an email because my server is not the default. I have tried going into email and options and setting as my default but I just go round and round in circles. I am semi-lietarate in computers and find this very frustrating.

The exact message I get when I try to send an email from a a website is - We could not perform this operation because the default email client is not properply installed.

Please tell me how to get the default set properly.  thanks

This is not an issue with the setup of your ATT account within Windows Live Mail. This is an issue with the Windows program not recognizing Windows Live Mail as the default mail program. Within the Control Panel go to Default Programs, click "Set your default programs.", click Windows Live Mail, then click Set as Default.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
When I go to Set your default - there are several programs to choose from Internet Explorer, Windows Search Explorer, Windows Contacts, , etc). Which one do I pick? None of them seem to have Windows Live Mail as an option. In fact, I don't have a program on the control panel that looks like it has anything to do with mail.
It sounds as if you may not have an email client installed on the PC. You can only click on email links on websites if you have a program installed for email. You may need to download Windows Live Mail/Thunderbird etc... if you want to be able to click on email links in webpages.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am downloading Windows Live Mail now - if that solves my problem, I'll accept the answer. I had the Geek Squad set up this computer - can't believe they did not load a mail program.