boxfrederick
boxfrederick, Software/Computer Expert
Experience:  Expert in computer technical support/10 yrs exp, Software Engineer 4 yrs exp, Networking 6 yrs exp
43327059

My Lexmark 4800 series printer is not printing correctly. No

Customer Question

My Lexmark 4800 series printer is not printing correctly. No color at all. Black is printing so light I cannot read it. I have done the cleaning process. I took the cartridges out and cleaned them. Please help me.
Category: Computer
Expert:  boxfrederick replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is Frederick and I am here to assist you.

Please check your ink levels to ensure you dont need replacement ink heads.

For lexmark printers do this:

To find the estimated ink level for your Lexmark printer, double click the Lexmark icon on your desktop, or find the printer in your Programs list (click the Start button, point to Programs or All Programs and click on your Lexmark printer). Click the Cartridges tab on the Lexmark Utility window. The Cartridges tab will display the estimated ink levels.

If the ink levels are low then that is your problem, please let me know.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My black level is "low". My color level is almost full.

My black was not printing good before that.

Check your printing preferences and ensure that the printer is not set to print black and white.

To do so do this:

Start icon --> devices and printers --> right click on your lexmarks printer icon --> select printing preferences --> under color tab in new window ensure that color printing is checked and not black and white and then hit apply.

After doing so try to print again, in the software you print from ensure that the printing preferences are still set to print in color. Then print and tell me if it printed in color.

As for your black if ink is low the gray will slowly get worse until nothing until you replace that black ink cartridge.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
start icon - printers and devices...where is that?
Sorry its devices and printers, and the start icon is the windows icon in the bottom left of the screen when you mouse over the bottom and the windows task pane lifts up there will be the start icon, you left click on it and it will bring up a menu with many programs
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I hit the start button, but that screen does not come up. Do I have to close the computer to get this screen? If so, I will lose your email.
No when you left click on the start icon it will bring up a small window with many options, you want to select the option on the rightside of that window that says devices and printers.

If not there then select control panel from start button --> hardware and sound --> devices and printers. Then follow these steps once there:

right click on your lexmarks printer icon --> select printing preferences --> under color tab in new window ensure that color printing is checked and not black and white and then hit apply.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That does not come up either.

Never mind.

I give up.

Thanks anyway.

Do you wish for me to remote in your computer and check the settings for you, should only take a minute? Let me know I understand how frustrating it can be sometimes trying to work with computers when what is supposed to be there isnt.