Brad
Brad, Computer Technician
Experience:  20 + years, cert. Win NT, xp, vista Windows 7, Net sec
669790

hello, i think i have lost my e mail. what is r.yahoo i

Customer Question

hello,

i think i have lost my e mail.
what is r.yahoo????

i don't know if i did something or is it yahoo??

carole

XXX@XXXXXX.XXX

but i can't get in so why send you my e mail??

HELP
Category: Computer
Expert:  Brad replied 3 years ago.

Brad :

R. yahoo is a service that advises you on yahoo accounts when something is changed and it is linked to mobile services like smart phones use. You can set yahoo to advise you when someone changes your email information

Customer :

who changed my e mail??

Customer :

what happens to all my e mail

Customer :

also when i went to yahoomail on my desk top it also has my folders etc. did i loose it all??

Customer :

have i been hacked??

Brad :

How do you access yahoo email? Do you use another program or the web browser?

Customer :

web browser

Brad :

Can you logon to it at all?

Customer :

no it won't accept my e mail address or my password,

Customer :

this all started today when the message to verify my e mail and password came on as it does to check if this is the right person when i went ot check in that's when all the trouble started

Brad :

How did you come up with the r.yahoo message?

Customer :

there was a text on my cell phone telling me to reset my yahoo password.there was a code and more info at r.yahoo.com the code # did not work with my e mail address.then it also said to go to m.yahoo.com/sms for TOS msg/data

Customer :

i have no idea what any of this is

Brad :

The best thing to try is clicking on the forgot email password link. see if it notifies your phone again

Brad :

and try it again to see

Customer :

but to end this i text them DTOP

Customer :

i mean STOP

Brad :

if that does not work try the forgot email password

Customer :

i think i tried that also and i can't get a reply something to do with screen definition???

Customer :

i just want to know what happened, did i do something , what is the problem??

Brad :

ok that is the message at the bottom that is a hard to read set of characters

Brad :

Sounds like you got hacked

Brad :

I am sorry

Brad :

do you use wireless internet

Customer :

so now what do i do?? have i lost all my information??

Customer :

all my files. ??

Customer :

no wireless internet

Brad :

Depends on the hacker, read this article

Brad :

it has a lot of good tips then let me know

Customer :

now what do i do

Customer :

i don't have an account that tells me places like the article

Customer :

i am so upset right now i really don't understand what has happened,can spmeone explain what happened and what my cell phone has to do with my e mail, sib=nce i don't have a connection

Customer :

can i call someone at yahoo??

Customer :

hello is any one there

Brad :

You cannot call anyone as yahoo is a free service and they dont staff support lines for that

Brad :

I am sorry

Customer :

thank you i got a hold of rocketmail and the problem is fixed