Bernie
Bernie, Computer Specialist
Experience:  6+ years experience, Microsoft MCDST/CompTia A+ Certified
46068869

How do I increase the font size in my AOL mail box and in the

Customer Question

How do I increase the font size in my AOL mail box and in the "Finance" drop down?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bernie replied 3 years ago.

Bernie K. :

Welcome to JustAnswer!

Bernie K. :

Let me know when you're ready to start this chat.

Customer :

right now

Expert:  Bernie replied 3 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  Bernie replied 3 years ago.
I believe you were having issue connecting to the chat - so I have switched us to Q&A.

Try pressing and holding down the CTRL key on the lower left of your keyboard and the + key in the upper right to make the font bigger. Alternatively you can press CTRL and scroll the wheel on your mouse up if it has one.

Then, to increase the Finance menu size, you can right-click on your PC desktop background and choose "Properties", then select the "Appearance" tab". Look for the "Font Size" menu at the bottom, and choose the dropdown for your preferred font size (e.g. normal, large, and extra large).

In the screenshot below, you'll see the steps I just described below. I'm running "Large Fonts" so you can see how it impacts my window chrome text and menus.

graphic
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I tried that and nothing happens
Expert:  Bernie replied 3 years ago.
Are you sure that you are pressing and holding down the CTRL key, while you tap the + (or scroll up) on your mouse? You must hold down the CTRL key or it will not work.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes i am sure and nothing happened
Expert:  Bernie replied 3 years ago.
I see - lets try an alternate way:

At the top of your Internet Explorer window (the web browser you're using), do you see a file menu? (Press ALT, does a file menu pop up?)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I don't see any "ALT" when I press file.
Expert:  Bernie replied 3 years ago.
No you've got it switched.

Press the ALT key on your keyboard, and you should see a file menu at the top of the window (File Edit View, etc), like this:

graphic

Do you see it now?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I see the file menue and when I press the ALT key it disappears
Expert:  Bernie replied 3 years ago.
Ok, that's fine, no need to press ALT then. When the File menu is up, press View.

Inside, you should see options for increasing the text size to largest.

graphic

Once you've done that, let me know if that makes the letters in your emails bigger.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It changes the size in explorer screen but does NOT effect the mail box content size
Expert:  Bernie replied 3 years ago.
Are you using the AOL 9.0, 9.1, 9.5, or 9.6 web browser?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
9.6
Expert:  Bernie replied 3 years ago.

1. Sign on to AOL Desktop 9.6.

2. Open a new web window.

3. Click the Edit menu in the top navigation bar, and then move your pointer over Text Size.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

4. Select from the following options: Largest, Larger, Medium, Smaller, and Smallest

Note: The default font size that you set applies to all webpages. However, some webpages have fixed font sizes and the above settings may not apply to these webpages. In such cases, you can use the zoom option to manually increase or decrease the text size on the webpage.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
When I go to the EDIT tab , the TEXT SIZE change works on this web page ,but when I bring up the Mail Box , both the "TEXT SIZE" and the "ZOOM" items are blanked out on the EDIT listing
Expert:  Bernie replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your patience - lets try these further steps please:

1. Above your mailbox, in the upper right, click Settings.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

2. In the left panel, click Compose.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

3. In the Rich Text / HTML section, make sure the Use Rich Text / HTML Editing box is checked. Then, select your Font and Font Size (Make at least 14 pt) from the appropriate drop-down menu.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

4. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I don't see any MAILBOX IN THE UPPER RIGHT on the mail screen or on this screen
Expert:  Bernie replied 3 years ago.
I need to opt out and open your question to all experts again. Please don't reply back to this page, and do not press the Accept Answer button.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have to be away for about 45 minutes