Jess
Jess, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Hardware & Software Specialist - 10yrs Exp, Web Designer & Developer
49766785

When I open my yahoo mail, there is no delete option. How

Customer Question

When I open my yahoo mail, there is no delete option. How do I rid my account of email that I do not want to save? Right now I can't do anything with it because there is no delete option.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jess replied 5 years ago.
Hi, thank you for using JustAnswer.com. I am glad to assist you today.

1. Are you using a web browser like Mozilla Firefox or Microsoft Internet Explorer to access your Yahoo Mail?
  2. Are you trying to delete an email like those in your Inbox folder?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am using Mozilla Firefox. I can open the email and I see all the messages in there and if I want to delete them there is no option where it used to be on the page to delete them. There is a bunch of messages in there that I would like to delete, but there is no delete option. It does not even appear. Yesterday the mail program gave me an option to try a different mail program. I clicked it and after that that is when the delete option was no longer there. Yes I would like to be able to delete those messages in my email folder that I do not want and save the ones I would like to save. I hope that helps.
Expert:  Jess replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for that information.

I am also using Firefox to access my Yahoo email account but I do have the DELETE button. This could be an issue with your Firefox browser.

Here is my screenshot when I am using Mozilla Firefox:

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

You just need to click to select an email message that you can then click that delete button.

If you do not have that button, this could be caused to outdated cookies in your Firefox browser or add-ons that conflicts with your Yahoo Mail in your Firefox browser. Please do the following:

1. Open Firefox
  2. Do not go to your Yahoo mail yet, just go to your Home page
  3. Then click Tools => "Clear Recent History"
  4. Under "Time range to clear", choose EVERYTHING
  5. Check all the options at the bottom part
  6. Then click the CLEAR NOW button
  7. Here is the screenshot:

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
    View Full Image

Register Here

8. Let it finished
  9. Close Firefox
  10. Open Firefox
  11. Try your Yahoo Mail again and see if the delete button appears.
  12. If not, please let me know so that we can try to disable your Firefox add-ons

Regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I do not have yahoo as my homepage. When I go to yahoo before I go to mail there is not a tools option. Do I have to have yahoo as my home page? How do I do that ?
Expert:  Jess replied 5 years ago.
NO. You do not have to set Yahoo as your Home Page. The "Tools" that I am referring to is menu in Firefox.

Please look at my screenshot:

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

If you do not see the menus like File | Edit | View ..... please press the ALT key in your keyboard to display the menus. Then you shat get TOOLS => Options then proceed to the rest of the steps.

Keep me posted.
Jess
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Yesterday I wrote that when I get to my mail page, there is not delete and other boxes there. Justin told me to go in and delete any cookies, etc. and I did. Today it happened again and I went and deleted my cookies, etc. and there is still no delete, ets. functions. What should I do now?

I also tried closing my email and starting it all over again. No good.

Expert:  Jess replied 5 years ago.
Can you capture a screenshot of your email screen where there is no delete button and attach it here when you reply? Use the paper clip icon in the REPLY box where you are typing your reply to attach the image file.

Jess