Danh, Senior Systems Administrator
Experience:  9 Years Systems Administrator

What equipment do I need to watch a movie from netflix on my

What equipment do I need to watch a movie from netflix on my TV? I have a blue-ray DVD PLAYER but it is a few years old, from the first Sony blue-rays. I have the desktop I am writing on. I have a router and access to a wi-fi network. I also have a wireless laptop but it is not working so well at the moment. My computer is not in same room as TV.

It would have to be a network bluray player. If it's not, you can get a network ready bluray player or game console such as xbox360 or ps3 or wii.

With a compatible network bluray player you would be able to browse netflick selections from there. No computer would be required. You just have to be sure the player is hooked up to your network router either wirelessly or through a network cable.