Omer
Omer, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  MCSE Certified , Degree in CMIS Computer information Systems, 7 years of work in the IT Field
37817776

I received an update message saying version 12.3.0 of Office

I received an update message saying version 12.3.0 of Office 2008 for Mac was avail, so I downloaded and when trying to install on the Mac hard disk I got a message.."You can not install Office 2008 12.3.0 on this volume. A version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume.

I checked the software library on the HD and it does show Office 2008. What is the problem? Thanx, Phil Carraro
Category: Computer
Expert:  Omer replied 3 years ago.

Omer :

Hi I am one of the experts here on Just Answer.com

You will receive this error for a couple of reasons.

It often means that update 12.3.0 is already installed to check if it is Go to Word>About Word and check if this is the case.

It may also mean that you do not have ANY version of Office 2008 installed. Or that the disk that it is installed on is not currently connected.

Or it can mean that Office 2008 is not installed on the disk the operating system is running from, or that Office 2008 is visible TWICE on two connected disks.

Try shutting down and re-starting your Mac, and see if that clears it.

Omer, Information Systems Manager
Experience: MCSE Certified , Degree in CMIS Computer information Systems, 7 years of work in the IT Field
Expert:  Omer replied 3 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  Omer replied 3 years ago.
Since you are offline I switched the questions to Q&A format so it would not time out.

Let me know if any of the above solve your issue.

Thanks