Travis B.
Travis B., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  7+ years of experience in troubleshooting computer problems. A+ Computer Maintenance and Repair
16569391

How do I remove an adobe file from my computer HP laptop with

How do I remove an adobe file from my computer? HP laptop with Windows 7. Every time I try to delete the file it says that it's running in System. I go to processes end the Adobe Reader process, and try to delete, but it doesn't do anything.

Travis B. :

What is the name of the file you are trying to delete?

Customer:

A friend put a RAR file of a game into the Adobe Reader, so it's [PC GAME MULTI] - Gran Theft Auto San Andreas + Crack NoCD - (Perfect DVD Version) - (Eng-Ita-Deu-Fra-Esp) - (By G-ADLVR_R7

Travis B. :

Alright, and you want to remove this file, its an RAR file, you just want to remove it from the computer..its not installed or anything. ? Also where is it stored?

Customer:

Downloads is where it's stored. And it shouldn't be installed. I removed all other files pertaining to it, this one just decided it didn't want to go.

Travis B. :

Alright, are you the only user on this computer?

Customer:

Yes.

Travis B. :

Did you guys download this then? from the internet? If so what program did you download it from or browser? You would have to clear your downloads, say on Firefox, or clear download on P2P program.

Also

First try this, go to that file, then try renaming it, say example or something. Then once your able to do that, Right-click on it cut and then pate to your desktop. From their you should be able to delete it then.

If not you would have to start the computer in safe mode and then do this and it will work.

Glad I could be of assistance, If you need anymore help please ask, otherwise have a good night and god bless! Smile Please accept so I can be compensated for my time/work also feedback is highly appreciated!|

Travis B.

Customer:

It's a torrent, used uTorrent. Deleted files from uTorrent.

Customer:

It also won't let me rename it.

Travis B. :

Alright, yeah I thought that..basically you would have to remove the entire item from Utorrent, then also make sure its closed. Then make sure you have it deleted the torrent download from say firefox.

Travis B. :

What error are you getting?

Customer:

This action cannot be completed because the file is open in System. Please close the file and try again.

Travis B. :

Alright, yeah that means another program or file is using this file..Please try this, restart the computer in safe mode, make sure utorrent is turned off. Then try deleting it. Doing it this way will make it so only the computer is accessing the program.

Please also turn off any firewall's or antivirus.

Travis B.

Customer:

Alright. Thank you for the help.