Kalyan Kovi
Kalyan Kovi, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  Master in Computer Applications
28288424

How do I unlock my Sony VAIO computer. It is asking me for

Customer Question

How do I unlock my Sony VAIO computer. It is asking me for a BIOS password XXXXX startup.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Kalyan Kovi replied 3 years ago.

Kalyan Kovi :

Kalyan Kovi :

I will try to help you on this issue

Kalyan Kovi :

Instructions

1.Press "Power" to turn on your Sony Vaio.
2.Watch your monitor to see the Sony Vaio logo appear. This logo usually appears after two or three seconds.
3.Press "F3" to unlock the BIOS on your Sony Vaio.

Kalyan Kovi :

hope this helps

Kalyan Kovi :

Good

Kalyan Kovi :

Good Luck

Customer :

This did not work.

Customer :

My VAIO screen comes up, I press F3 and it still goes to the BIOS password screen.

Kalyan Kovi :

did you get any error now

Customer :

No

Customer :

It just comes up to a screen that says Enter BIOS Password. The screen is black and blue with white lettering.

Kalyan Kovi :

ok now try to reset the BIOS password

Customer :

How do I reset it?

Customer :

I am now to a screen that is black and red with white letters. It says:

Kalyan Kovi :

try to use the below

Instructions

1.Turn on your Sony VAIO computer.

2.Press the F2 at the "VAIO" screen to enter the BIOS.

3.Press the left and right directional arrows to navigate between the settings.

4.Press the up and down directional arrows to navigate between the different values and fields of each setting.

5.Press the key specified at the bottom of the screen to modify and make changes to any settings.

6.Navigate to the "Exit" setting tab once all changes are made. Select "Save Changes" to save the current changes you made. Select "Exit Without Saving Changes" if you don't want to make any changes to your current settings. Press "Enter." Your computer will reboot with the new settings.

Kalyan Kovi :

Hope this works

Kalyan Kovi :

If any problem you can reply me

Customer :

Key:V9FT-728R-JP7T-892TEnter Onetime Password

Customer :

The F2 did not work either.

Customer :

Went strait to enter bios password screen

Kalyan Kovi :

just do the all steps

Kalyan Kovi :

then tell me what happens

Customer :

It will not go to a different screen. Goes strait to the black and blue screen to enter BIOS password.

Customer :

Right now I am at the blue and black screen that says enter Bios password.

Customer :

The AVIO screen and this screen are the only screens I can get to. The F2 and F3 keys do nothing.

Kalyan Kovi :

I've found a few that will ask for a password but as it turns out there is none. You just hit enter with it blank.

Kalyan Kovi :

to reset it is to clear it with the CLR_CMOS jumper/pins on the motherboard.

Kalyan Kovi :

Another way would be to reflash the bios