Frederick S., Computer Specialist
Experience:  Computer technician and founder of a home PC repair company.
33925084

I dont know my password. My alternate email address isXXX@XXXXXX.XXX.

Customer Question

I don't know my password. My alternate email address isXXX@XXXXXX.XXX. My yahoo email isXXX@XXXXXX.XXX. I need my password XXXXX ASAP.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Frederick S. replied 3 years ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Frederick and I look forward to assisting you with this and providing you with the information you need.

Please read the following steps and information – it will likely answer most, if not all, of your questions.

OPTION ONE:

Please go to the following page to attempt to reset your password:

http://edit.yahoo.com/forgotroot

(If your security questions may have been recently changed, please pick “My account may have been compromised”, you will see a ‘This is not my question’ link underneath each question.)

If you are successful with that process, you can go ahead and skip the rest of the steps…

OPTION TWO:

Otherwise, if it is not successful, please follow the instructions below as a ‘last resort’ account recovery:

Please go to this page:

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/edit/general-01.html

That recovery form was created so that people who cannot access their alternate email or answer their security question(s).

You'll need to have an alternate email account set up so that they may contact you. You can get a free account from www.Gmail.com for this. It will take 12-48 hours for someone from Yahoo to get back to you.

Thank you.

FS

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
There is NO ‘This is not my question’ link underneath each question.). That link is NOT there
Sorry - it doesn't seem like you read my entire answer. If there was no link there, then they were not recently changed.

Please proceed with option two, where someone will contact you back within 12-48 hours. Thank you.

FS
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
That is the same form i already filled out yesterday. Can you find out if they are going to contact me at my gmail address and NOT the dead Verizon address in my yahoo records
You will be contacted at whichever email address you put under "What is the email address where we can contact you?"

Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
So you can't do anything more? Will they reset my password?
As long as you provided enough details and did it from a location that you frequently checked your Yahoo mail from, like your home, office, school, etc.

Thanks!

FS
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I travel to work. I check my mail using my iPad from wherever I am at the time. I submitted my form using my iPad last in my condo near my current job in Oak Harbor, OH. Are they going to reset my password? I'm not allowed to access email from my work computer. I'm rarely at my home because I travel to work. I need my password reset and I can wait till tomorrow, but I need access to my email account
Your iPad will work just fine as a way to submit the form. They'll reset it if enough information is provided. I cannot give you a 100% "yes" at thi stime.

FS
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
How will I find out what if any additional information they may need. If they don't have enough information and don't reset my password, what will they do? Anything, nothing? What?
They will contact you at the alternate email address you provided to request additional information or provide you with further instructions on how to get back into your account.

FS
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Will their email message to alternate email address be the same as the first text you sent me explaining Option 1 and Option 2 or will it be someone who has the authority and can reset my password?
It will be an actual human being that has reviewed the form you submitted and provide you with a genuine response back.

FS
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
If they either reset my password or contact me requesting whatever information they need and then reset my password, then I think you have explained how it works correctly I'm satisfied and I should pay you. If they don't do what you have said they will, then I'm not satisfied. I won't know if I'm satisfied till we see what happens.
Totally up to you. Thanks.

FS
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
If you tell me how to contact you in a day, I will get back in touch. I don't want to click that I'm not satisfied OR satisfied yet. So far nothing is fixed. So how do I end this session for now and get back to you later
You can press CTRL + D to bookmark this page to return in a day or two, at your convenience, or simply return to justanswer.com and pick "My Questions in the top right and let me know how it went either way; thanks.

FS
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I will gladly pay you when my email password is reset, even though you didn't do anything I hadn't already tried. It's still not reset.
Okay. Thanks for the update.