Omer
Omer, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  MCSE Certified , Degree in CMIS Computer information Systems, 7 years of work in the IT Field

Is there anyway to import Calendar events into Outlook from

Is there anyway to import Calendar events into Outlook from a csv or excel file?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Omer replied 2 years ago.

Hi I am one of the experts here on Just Answer.com

Can you please tell me what version of outlook you are using?

Can you also let me know where you exported the csv file from?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Using version 2010. I will create and excel or csv file in any format required by Outlook
Expert:  Omer replied 2 years ago.

Do you already have the CSV file created?

If not create one calendar appoint in outlook 2010 if you don't have any at the moment. Basically then what you want to do is export your outlook 2010 calendar into a csv file using the steps below. The reason you want to do this is it gives you the working template to import into 2010 without any issues you could then copy your data you want to import into the appropriate columns and go through the import data steps which are below the export to import your completed csv file.

Then export your calendar by

1. Open Outlook 2010.

2. Select the File tab and choose Options.

3. In the Options dialog box, select Advanced.

4. In the right pane, scroll down to the Export section and click Export to display the Import and Export Wizard.

5. In the wizard, select Export to a file and click Next.

6. In the Create a file of type page, select Comma separated values (Windows) and click Next.

7. In the Select folder to export from page, select the Calendar folder you want to export from and click Next.

8. In the Save exported file as page, click Browse, choose a filename and a save location and click Next.

9. Confirm that you are exporting the correct folder (check box is checked) click Finish.

10. Close the Outlook Options dialog box.

1. Open Outlook 2010.

To Import

Lets assume that we have converted the Excel sheet to the CSV format as mentioned above, now launch Outlook 2010, and click the Office button(File menu).

1. Then click the Open option and choose Import.

2. In the Import and Export Wizard, choose the Import from another program or file option.

3, Click the Next button and choose the file type Comma Separated Values (Windows) and then click Next.

4. Now browse and select the CSV file.

5. Hit Next and select and choose the Destination Folder In your case it would be the calendar.

6. Finally confirm the action and hit the Finish button. Here you can change the destination as well.

Omer, Information Systems Manager
Experience: MCSE Certified , Degree in CMIS Computer information Systems, 7 years of work in the IT Field
Expert:  Omer replied 2 years ago.

Sorry just realized I pasted in the 1st steps twice

Let me know if you have any questions about this