Hunter Owens
Hunter Owens, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Your problem meets my passion. A Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist.

Why wont my yahoo mail spell check work Why cant I download

Why won't my yahoo mail spell check work?Why can't I download and attach photo's too my mail?Why do I not have the option arrow beside the compose massage box?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Hunter Owens replied 2 years ago.

It will be my pleasure to assist you with your computer today. I believe you just switched the new version of Yahoo mail which has some issues with the spell checker and treats attachments differently. If you would like to switch back to the classic version of Yahoo Mail which you are accustomed to you can do so by clicking on the link below. However, please note that if you don’t go through this specific link, you will end up at the new Yahoo Mail interface when you go to check your email. So I recommend you right-click on the link below and then click Add to Favorites or Add to Bookmarks and then go through the Favorites/Bookmarks menu in your internet browser to access your Yahoo mail in the future.

http://us.mc330.mail.yahoo.com/mc/welcome?ymv=0
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have used the new spell check in the past as as well as downloading,and the option arrow on the compose massage box was also there.I would like to know why it has stopped working?I would prefer too continue with the new mail if possible?

Most people seem to prefer the old version but you can certainly continue working with the new version if would prefer.

Spell Check
: This is a known issue that Yahoo is aware of, however they do not have a fix yet. They are most likely deploying new versions periodically which vary in functionality, however they recommend switching to an internet browser which has a built-in spell checker. You are currently using Internet Explorer, but Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox both have built-in spell checkers. You can read the official post here.

Option Arrow: Are you referring to the drop-down arrow next to the Compose Message button which allows you to choose whether you are sending an Email, Instant Message, or SMS? If so, it appears for me in Google Chrome, so switching to Chrome should help with this too.

Attaching Photos: To attach photos, first click on the gray Attachments tab, then click the black Attach Files button, then browse to the photo you would like to attach in the pop-up window, click it once to highlight it, and then click Open/OK button. If the photo is attached properly, the name of the image will appear below the Attach Files button.

Look forward to hearing from you,

Hunter
Experience: Your problem meets my passion. A Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist.