Frederick S., Computer Specialist
Experience:  Computer technician and founder of a home PC repair company.

I keep receiving a Website Restore Error in Internet Explorer

Customer Question

I keep receiving a "Website Restore Error" in Internet Explorer 8 (on a Windows XP computer). It doesn't seem to be limited to any one website that I visit but does seem to occur more quickly when linking to a site than when typing in the URL. Any known causes or fixes for this problem?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Frederick S. replied 5 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Frederick and I look forward to assisting you with this and providing you with the information you need.

There are known issues right now with Internet Explorer and many web sites. The easiest way to get you back up and running would be to use an alternative web browser which is faster, more secure, and more reliable than Internet Explorer. You can use Firefox for free. Please download it from here:

Once you’ve downloaded it, please open it, install it, then run the program. Go to web sites and see if functionality is normal. If it is, that’s simply because many major web sites are still working out problems with updates to Internet Explorer 8 and the new Internet Explorer 9, so you can use Firefox for a few days/weeks until it works or you can just stick with Firefox indefinitely for all of your web browsing needs.

Let me know how it goes; thanks.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Firefox crashes too.