Freddy M.
Freddy M., Support Specialist
Experience:  Years of experience in the IT field and in customer support.
15852642

i forgot my answer to my security questions on yahoo so now

i forgot my answer to my security questions on yahoo so now i cant log in.. cause i dont no my password. what can i do
Category: Computer
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 5 years ago.
Is this a free or paid yahoo account?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
its a free yahoo account
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 5 years ago.
  1. Open http://mail.yahoo.com/ in your web browser and click on I can't access my account.
    Click
    View Full Image
  2. Choose My account may have been compromised and click Next.
    Click
    View Full Image
  3. Enter your Yahoo! ID (your complete e-mail address like [email protected] or [email protected]). Then enter the captcha code shown and click Next.
    Enter
    View Full Image
  4. The next step depends on your recovery options -
  5. If you have set an alternate e-mail address, then you will be asked to type your alternate e-mail address. Upon typing the correct alternate e-mail address, you will be sent a reset-password link on your alternate e-mail address.
    Resetting
    View Full Image

If you still cannot access your account, please get in touch with Yahoo Customer Service through the contact form below:

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/edit/general-01.html

If that fails, you will need to send an e-mail from another e-mail account that you currently have access to, to the following e-mail address (copy/paste it so that you don't leave anything out!):

[email protected]

In the subject you can just put Password
Let them know the last time that you were able to access your account. Wait about five minutes, and you should get an e-mail back from Yahoo! that you need to fill out completely and Reply back with the answers. Again, it will take up to 48 hours for them to get back to you, asking for more information including :
  • Yahoo! ID
  • Your name
  • Date of birth (mm-dd-yyyy)
  • Your alternate email address
  • Secret Question and Answer
  • Your city and state
  • ZIP Code or Postal code you entered during registration
  • Your country
Please be patient. It may be several days or longer before you get a response from Yahoo.

If you are not able to fix the problem with the Yahoo sign in problems page or waiting a reasonable amount of time for an email response then you can try calling the Yahoo client services number at 1.866.562.7219, 1.408-349-3301,(NNN) NNN-NNNN or(NNN) NNN-NNNN The process will take longer over the phone than by using the link above. You may be asked for personal information such as faxing Yahoo a copy of your drivers license to prove your identity. Even though it takes longer, Yahoo should be able to help you regain control of your e-mail account.

You can you also do a live chat with yahoo during regular business hours, click the following link for details>> yahoo chat support the chat option is just below the yellow box.

I realize that this answer may not be entirely to your liking, and I regret being the bearer of information that you really don’t want to hear. But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information. I hope you understand that following the above steps is the only way to get your account back...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please click "Accept” so I am paid for my time. I am only paid if you click “Accept”.

(Even if you are a subscription or trial member you must click "Accept" for me to be paid.)

If my answer did not work please let me know instead of giving negative feedback.

A Bonus and Positive Feed Back is appreciated.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
but i aswell forgot my alternate email address and my phone is disconected so i cant get a reset link that way either
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 5 years ago.

They will most likely need these or as much of these as you can give.
  • Yahoo! ID
  • Your name
  • Date of birth (mm-dd-yyyy)
  • Your alternate email address
  • Secret Question and Answer
  • Your city and state
  • Your country
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
it says they are all busy is there a link i can go to . i need to get into my account very soon i have some business letters i need to recover from my email
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
is there anything else like a link of somesort to where i can email new information to the help center... those numbers and email address did not work for me..
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 5 years ago.
Unfortunately no I gave you the only things there are. The only link there is, is this one http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/edit/general-01.html