Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  Computer Science Engineer with 10 years of experience in Computer Support, and Microsoft, A+ and Cisco certified
23822421

I forgot my email password. How do I reset it?

I forgot my password  and my alternate email address including my answer to security questions.... My mobile number  is no longer valid so its no use and I really don't want to recreate another one..I don't know what to do. Can you help me ????

Category: Computer
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 5 years ago.

Please let me know the part of your email address after the '@' symbol (like gmail.com, hotmail.com, etc, etc). Please do not give me the whole email address as the system will hide it for your privacy.

Thank you

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
@rocketmail.com

OK, Rocketmail.com is from Yahoo.com. Please click here to reset your password ---> http://edit.yahoo.com/forgotroot

Select "I forgot my password " and click Next

Follow ALL the prompts in order to reset your password

If no luck, I am afraid your yahoo account has been hacked. Usually email addresses are being hacked by weak passwords that are easily guessed by computers OR by users that enter their password into fake websites.

There is a YAHOO Validation Page that they (Yahoo) have set up to attempt to validate ownership of an account in cases where the Password Reset Basic steps do not work.

The Validation Page was created to ask key questions about your account (only you would be able to provide to Yahoo) when you created or updated your account. The more information you provide to Yahoo, the better for their Support Agents to validate your identity. Enter the security questions and answers that you had, it does not matter if the hackers changed it, yahoo will check your previous information too

The direct link to the Validation Page is: http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/edit/general-01.html <=== Click here

This is the best you can do. They should answer in 2 or 3 days. Please do that as soon as you possible. I think it is a lot of waiting time, but it is the best we can do, because unfortunately Yahoo does not have phone customer support for email issues.

If you are a Paid Yahoo customer you can also call Yahoo customer service at 1 - 866 - 562 - 7219

You can also email Yahoo directly. account-security-help @ cc.yahoo-inc.com , but the best bet it is the Validation Page.

Thank you

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Ok. I filled out the information what do I do now...

You just have to wait the response of Yahoo. They will send an answer to your alternate email address, the one you typed under

Thank you

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Ok, thank you