Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.

I have a toshiba satellite a505, what is upgradeable in this

Customer Question

I have a toshiba satellite a505, what is upgradeable in this laptop. (ie grafic card, processor it hase i3 intell and more)?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 5 years ago.
Hi, and thanks for using

For laptops (unlike desktops), upgrade options are limited. Most laptops have onboard/built-in graphics cards, and the CPU/processors might be soldered in the motherboards. Even if you can upgrade the CPU/processor, it is complicated as you have to disassemble the laptop almost completely. For most laptops, you can easily upgrade the SATA hard drive and RAM memory. You can check the compatible memory for this model at

Please let me know if you have any further question. Thank you.