Erik B.
Erik B., Computer Support
Experience:  MCSE, MCP

I have a new HP Pavilion dv6 laptop. My Gmail font keeps shrinking.

I have a new HP Pavilion dv6 laptop. My Gmail font keeps shrinking. The font can get very tiny. I already typed in the Windows 7 search box "DPI," to make text and other items larger and smaller. That's not it. That only seems to change the icons on the desktop. This is a problem within Gmail, with the font size that shrinks to super tiny. I can't figure out how to make it larger, or what it is that I am doing when it is happening. It seems as if I am not doing anything when it's happening.
Hi and thanks for choosing Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to assist you.

The next time this happens, please hold down the CTRL key on your keyboard and press the + key to increase the font size. Please let me know if that doesn't work...
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
There is still a problem in that it just happened on this web page too, and as far as I can tell, I wasn't doing anything to cause the problem; I can just now (thank you) do the CTRL plus + to alleviate the problem. But what can I do to stop this from happening? It seems to be happening a lot with this laptop!
Are you maybe touching a portion of the touchpad that controls zoom? Some models will zoom in and out on a webpage if the mouse touchpad is touched in a certain spot.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I think that might be exactly what is happening. I'll have to figure out where not to touch; find that sensitive spot to avoid. I'm not sure where to find that info. Thanks.
Check this document out as it outlines all of the motions, etc you can do on a touchpad on a DV-6.

I hope that helps! Thanks!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
That was an invalid link, but I'm googling it for an answer.
OK if you google

HP Pavilion dv6 touchpad zoom

the first link has the documentation I tried to give you. Thanks!