Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  Computer Science Engineer with 10 years of experience in Computer Support, and Microsoft, A+ and Cisco certified
23822421

Roku wont accept my router password

Customer Question

Roku won't accept my router password
Category: Computer
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 5 years ago.
Please remember to scroll down and click the green ACCEPT button ONLY if we solve the issue, for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or trial plan with us, and even if you see the holding charge in your credit/debit account I need you to click Accept for the money to be released to me)

Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

Ok, please follow ALL the steps below from your computer already connected to the wireless network and you will see the password:

1- Click here ---> 192.168.1.1

2- You will be prompted for a login - leave the username blank and enter "admin" without the quotes for the password.

3- Once logged in, click Wireless, then click Wireless Security in the submenu below it. (If the "Wireless Security" option is not there, then click "Basic Wireless Settings")

4- Your network key (passphrase) will be on the bottom of this page. If you see more than one password XXXXX with all of them from the ROKU

5- Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting. DO NOT click Accept if you are not positively satisfied.

6- If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or a trial membership)

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort. (*** Even if you have a subscription plan, you need to click the Accept button if the issue is solved for me to be paid, you won't be charged twice ***, don't worry. Thank you!)

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Using the "admin" password isn't working
OK. Please follow the steps below from your computer with Windows XP already connected to internet, and you will see the network password.

Click here ----->www.fileanswer.com

Then click "WView32"

Then click "Run" or "OPEN" when prompted. Otherwise click Save and save the file to your desktop, then double click it to run it.

And you will see your password there (under Key(HEX) and Key(Ascii), try both)
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
There are 64 characters. Is this right?
It seems too long. That's the only one you see? Also, do you have a Windows 7 computer or a Mac computer maybe?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

No, it's an XP

I have a Linksys security key...wonder if that's ok to use?

Yes, you can try with the Linksys security key. Please try and let me know.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sorry, it didn't work. Should I mess with the security? Maybe turn it off?
We can reset the router and remove the password, however please try first with the Key(HEX) and Key(Ascii) found on the first answer.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Even though there is an exceptionally high (64) number?
OK, what do you see under ASCII ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
11464CF16ed41b86647C82a83dd4fOff5891afec885a85b92f913370e62cd3fb
OK, please try that. Also, what do you have under HEX ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
can you take me there again please, i.e., a few pages back you gave me a code to click on in order to find WView32
No problem at all!. Click here ----->www.fileanswer.com

Then click "WView32"

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I get Hex but no ascii key at all
OK, enter the HEX code on the Roku.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Nothing....I'm exhausted after a day at work. I probably need to redo the code because I realise I entered upper case C's.
Yes, the password is case sensitive. 'C' is different than 'c'. We can also reset the router if this code doesn't work. Please keep me posted today or tomorrow if you are tired today.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
OK...I'll try the smaller c's tomorrow and maybe reset the router tomorrow. Can I go directly to your address tomorrow and know that I'll connect to you specifically? I'm going to pay you well, my friend.
Thank you! Just add this page to your favorites and click "Reply to your expert" tomorrow. The short link is http://tinyurl.com/Question2326
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Will do, thank you John.
You are very welcome! Have a good night!