Bernie, Computer Specialist
Experience:  6+ years experience, Microsoft MCDST/CompTia A+ Certified

how do I adjust sensitivity or disable Elan ps2 port smart-pad

how do I adjust sensitivity or disable Elan ps2 port smart-pad on my new Lenovo laptop
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bernie replied 5 years ago.

Please add this page to your favorites or bookmarks so you can return to it anytime.

Click the Windows Start button > In the box type mouse and press enter > Click the ELAN tab > In there you should be able to reduce sensitivity settings.

However, if it is the case that your palm is rubbing against the touchpad when you type and it causes the cursor to jump around - There is a free program you can download that will fix this problem:

Click here:

Download and install the program by clicking the TouchFreeze-1.0.2.msi link. What it does is it disables the touchpad automatically only while you are typing.

Once satisfied, please press Accept Answer. You may also continue to Reply, at any time, if more help or info is needed.